Sr. DevOps Engineer
With Spireon, Inc in Irvine CA USMore jobs from Spireon, Inc
Posted on August 13, 2019
About this job
Compensation: $140k - 150k
Location options: Visa sponsor
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Automotive, Enterprise Software, Internet of Things
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
kubernetes, jenkins, apache-kafka, docker, aws, sysadmin
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- We love what we do. We do what is right. We are always reaching.
- We make the complex simple and the future predictable
With nearly 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
Are you passionate about technology? When you hear words like Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka and auto-scaling does your heart go aflutter? Then this opportunity is right up your alley! Our DevOps team plays a critical role in enabling Spireon to provide customers with high quality products offerings backed by our highly available and reliable cloud infrastructure.
You will support Spireon’s production environments, DevOps automation, data pipelining, and CI/CD development. Come join us and help us build the technology that will define the future of connected vehicle solutions.
- As part of the Software Engineering team you will be responsible for configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components of Spireon software products which are hosted in collocated facilities and cloud services such as AWS.
- Design and build tools and frameworks that support deploying and managing Spireon platforms.
- Design, build, and deliver cloud computing solutions, hosted services, and underlying software infrastructure.
- Assist in coaching application developers on proper techniques for building scalable applications in the micro-services paradigm.
- Foster collaboration with software product development and IT teams to ensure releases are delivered with repeatable and auditable processes.
- Support and troubleshoot scalability, high availability, performance, monitoring, backup and restores of different environments.
- Support and troubleshoot product and infrastructure issues in production environments.
- Work independently across multiple platforms and applications to understand dependencies.
- Evaluate new tools, technologies, and processes to improve speed, efficiency, and scalability of Spireon continuous integration environments.
- 4+ years experience with cloud-based provisioning, monitoring, troubleshooting, and related DevOps technologies
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong experience with containerization/orchestration technologies tools like Kubernetes (highly preferred) Rancher, Docker, Mesos, and Swarm
- Strong experience with multiple provisioning, deployment, cloud computing tools like CloudFormation and Vagrant.
- Experience and understanding of the SDLC.
- Object-oriented programming background in Java, C++, or C#
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructure and services like AWS and related APIs
- Strong experience with config/provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible in environments with multiple nodes
- Data Pipelining experience with tools such as Kafka, Flink or Spark highly desired
- Experience with testing tools such as Cucumber, Inspect, and Serverspec
- Strong understanding of multiple source control systems such as GitHub
- Experience with CI/CD automation tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, and artifact repositories like Nexus or Archiva.
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Voted 2018 IoT Vehicle Telematics Company of the Year and winner of Golden Bridge Award for Excellence in Customer Service
- Work with the Best and Brightest Techical Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Flexible Schedule and Work Life Balance
- Spireon University for ongoing Learning, Wellness and Professional Development Programs
- Happy Hours, Car Washes Onsite, Local Food Trucks, Fun Team Building Events
- Employee Discounts on Spireon Products and Services