Site Reliability Engineer (Linux / AWS)
With Hays in Orlando FL USMore jobs from Hays
Posted on August 30, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
linux, aws, middleware
Hays Specialist Recruitment is working in partnership with The Walt Disney Company to manage the recruitment of this position
The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
When's the last time you walked by Chewbacca on your way in to the office? If the answer was "never," then this is the role for you! The Disney Guest Experience team is looking to add top level talent on highly-visible, highly confidential projects to help bolster upcoming enhancements to several of their Orlando theme parks. Working in a lean production environment with an extremely exciting development stack, you'll help contribute to experiences customers touch in the theme parks every single day - and you'll be able to see them using it out of your very desk window. If you're a progressive engineer looking to make the next step in your career, please apply!
Site Reliability Engineer (Linux / AWS), Contract or CTP, Orlando, FL
Site Reliability Engineers not only improves the lives of customers, but also the lives of the teams and software developers responsible for the applications. If you really want to help customers with their experience the most, then SRE is it! The Site Reliability Engineer works as part of a team responsible for end-to-end operational support of complex web and mobile applications. SREs are crucial to the continuous improvement of people, processes and technology.
Site Reliability Engineer (Linux / AWS) Skills & Requirements:
* Expert in Linux; monitoring, tuning & troubleshooting
* LAMP/LEMP; Web & Application server expert
* Configuration, performance monitoring, tuning, clustering & debugging; Routing & Networking
* TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL & DNS
* Proficient in load balancing
* Interpret error message from OS, Middleware stack, Performance management tools & applications
* Cloud (AWS, Azure) Experience
* Database experience (Oracle and MariaDB)
* Middleware experience (Tomcat, RabbitMQ, Websphere, IBM MQ)
* Experience supporting enterprise java applications
* Understanding of caching technologies (Couchbase, Redis, Memcached)
* Experience using release management tools (Jenkins)
* Monitoring Tools (AppDynamics, Sitescope, Splunk, NewRelic)
* Programming Languages (Python & Shell)
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it. Additionally, if the position is a consulting role, Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
* Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.