With HealthStream, Inc. in Nashville TN USMore jobs from HealthStream, Inc.
Posted on September 04, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Healthcare, Information Technology, Workforce Development
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: Public
cloud, chef, amazon-web-services, amazon-ec2, rds, sysadmin
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Design, Build and migrate solutions to the cloud across the organization working with various teams. Responsible for Automation, Virtual networking/security and access in AWS Cloud Services. Provide DevOps and Systems engineering work with all AWS Services (EC2, RDS, Redshift etc..)And frameworks such as Chef or Puppet.
- Lead efforts to support and integrate our on premise Virtualization, Cloud infrastructure and systems with external cloud as needed. Ensure on premise and off premise workloads work well together. Develop reproducible migration plans for workloads and applications
- Create, modify, and update written procedures, processes, and technical support knowledge effectively and use this knowledge to provide consultation to other units and to streamline future application moves.
1. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a Systems Engineer Role
- Knowledge and experience with large-scale systems integration involving private, hybrid, and public cloud platforms
2. SKILLS REQUIRED** :**
- Hands-on technical prototyping in a virtualized and/or cloud services environment with a hands-on understanding of Cloud Computing solutions (e.g., Google App Engine, Microsoft Azure, Amazon EC2, S3, VMware, Eucalyptus or other cloud vendor offerings.).
- Understanding of cloud orchestration frameworks, enterprise IT service provisioning tools, and their role in IT transformation including Chef, SALT, Puppet, etc.
- Able to write software in Python or some other administrative language
3. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong understanding of ASP.Net fundamentals
- Ability and experience to design and deploy highly available and mission critical web applications
- Strong and Deep understanding of systems performance tuning