With Tangent in Newcastle upon Tyne - GBMore jobs from Tangent
Posted on September 09, 2019
About this job
Compensation: £50k - 65k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Manager
Role: QA/Test Developer, System Administrator
Industry: CMS, CRM, eCommerce
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
azure, azure-devops, aws-code-deploy, sysadmin
At Tangent, we help clients realise their potential by reimagining customer experiences.
Our technical and delivery team make this happen by ensuring innovative, high standard product and service delivery across our business. Sounds like fun? Great - because we’re looking for an experienced QA manager to join our close knit team
We’re proud to be independently owned, with teams in Newcastle City Centre and London’s Fitzrovia. The role is based in our Newcastle office
What you will be doing
You will become an integral part of the team, working across both offices as required. You will work with internal stakeholders as well as clients and will define the QA strategy for the business and individual client accounts and projects.
You will lead the QA team; planning, scripting, executing and reporting on quality assurance tests as well as supporting the UAT process to put the strategy into practice and ensuring a high standard of product is delivered. You will also lead near-shore and off-shore resources and train clients where required.
The role is 70% hands-on and will be split between manual and automated tests. The additional 30% will be spent leading the team and defining QA policies and strategies for the business.
QA is a critically important part of our internal process and it’s crucial that you act as stakeholder in all projects throughout their lifespan.
What we're looking for
You will be an evangelist for quality assurance, keeping up to date with QA innovation and best practice. You will have a natural curiosity that helps resolve issues, combined with strong technical knowledge and logic to help define the root cause.
You will be a strong communicator, able to work well both within the technical team and the wider project team. You will also be confident implementing policies and procedures whilst also happy to roll up your sleeves to ensure your team fulfil their roles to a high standard.
There are a few ‘must haves’
- Team leadership experience
- Strong communication skills
- Pragmatic approach to solving problems
- Interest in technology; especially progress QA techniques, tools and approaches
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders to define quality policies, standards and process as well as the skillset to put process into action on time and to budget
- High level understanding of development/coding in order to be able to triage and diagnose issues
- Highly proficient in manual testing, including functional, browser and device testing and accessibility testing
- Experience implementing an automated test strategy within CI/CD pipeline, reducing manual test to a minimum and maximizing the productivity of your team
- Ability to create data for testing
- Excellent eye for detail
- Experience of working in a fast, agile environment
- Exposure to agile and waterfall delivery methods
- Expert with JIRA and Confluence
And there are a few ‘it would be nice to haves’
- Experience with industry standard automated testing tools including but not limited to, Selenium WebDriver, Ghost Inspector, Cucumber and Maven
- Ability to test APIs using tools such as Postman or Fiddler
- Knowledge of Git
- Experience with tools such as Azure DevOps (formal TSF) Test Manager or AWS CodeDeploy/AWS DevOp