IT Support Specialist
With Interactions, LLC in Indianapolis IN USMore jobs from Interactions, LLC
Posted on September 09, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Artificial Intelligence, Enterprise Software, Machine Learning
Company size: 201–500 people
Company type: Private
sysadmin, networking, windows
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company and it is headquartered in the Boston area. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s hottest and most dynamic industries.
Interactions’ mission is to create amazing customer experiences by advancing AI technology that understands and engages on a human level. The human element of what we do not only relates to how we differentiate our AI technology, more importantly, it informs and guides our focus on our most valuable asset, our employees. We endeavor to create opportunities for our employees to advance their skills, their interests, their passions, their careers and their lives.
The IT Support Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software. In addition, the IT Support Specialist will support facilities, procurement, and asset management function.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Apply advanced diagnostic techniques to identify problems; investigate causes, and recommend solutions.
- Participate in the administration of IT servers and systems.
- Provide advanced knowledge to planning projects involving technical rollouts, office moves upgrades.
- Create and run reports for system monitoring and diagnostics.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems.
- Research and suggest solutions to improve network systems and services.
- Resolve technical problems with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Networks (WAN), and other systems.
- Provide end-user software troubleshooting and support.
- Maintain standard installs, configurations, and upgrades of computer hardware and software.
- Act primary facilities contact, including reception area oversight, welcoming office visitors, maintaining supplies, and handling mail and UPS shipping and receiving.
- Provide support, mostly administrative to other members of staff according to the directives of the manager
- Perform other office duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience / relevant certifications.
- Four + years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing server support in a Windows environment.
- Working knowledge of various IT tasks, such as networking, desktop support, security, and methods used in those areas.
- Working technical knowledge of current network protocols, operating systems, and standards, including wireless networking protocols.
- Advance knowledge of computer hardware, networking and software troubleshooting.
- Strong understanding of desktop/laptop Operating Systems from Microsoft and Apple.
- Possess exceptional organizational, time-management and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated success in performing multiple tasks effectively in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral.