Developer - Site Reliability Engineering
With The Economist in Gurugram - INMore jobs from The Economist
Posted on September 10, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Magazine-Publishing, Newspapers
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
unix, linux, amazon-web-services, devops, lambda
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) is a world leader in global business intelligence. We help businesses, the financial sector and governments to understand how the world is changing and how that creates opportunities to be seized and risks to be managed. At our heart is a 50 year forward look, a global forecast of the majority of the world’s economies, we seek to analyse the future and deliver that insight through multiple channels and insights, allowing our clients to take better trading, investment and policy decisions.
We are transitioning to operating with agile product teams and adopting cloud native engineering practices and we need your help. As a DevOps champion you will improve how we continuously deliver our applications ensuring the security integrity and stability and continuity of our systems.
We’re changing, embedding alternate data sources such as GPS and satellite data into our forecasting, products will increasingly be tailored to individual clients, driven by some of the most innovative data in the market. A highly collaborative team of Product Managers, Customer Experience and Product Engineering is being created with a focus on creating business and customer value driven by real time analytics alongside our traditional products.
How you will contribute:
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of EIU services
- Work with team members and service providers across continents, currently via New York, London and Gurgaon
- Contribute to the management of the Cloud infrastructure setup and innovation roadmap
- Collaborate with our product teams to reduce the friction of deployments to production
The ideal skills for this role are:
- Experience in Cloud Infrastructure setup and management, specifically AWS, EC2, RDS, Lambda, S3
- Experience with Unix/Linux, Apache and MySQL systems with scripting experience in Shell, Perl or Python
- AWS Certified Cloud practitioner (CLF-C01)
- Experience in Wordpress web sites
- Capable of technical deep-dives into code, networking, operating systems and storage
- Proficiency in algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design and/or expertise in Unix/Linux systems, IP networking, performance and application issues
- Expertise in problem solving and analysing global scale distributed systems
- Experience in Open Source development, Microservices, Containers
- Effective time management and communication skills