DevOps Engineer (Kansas City, MO)
With New Context Services in Kansas City MO USMore jobs from New Context Services
Posted on September 10, 2019
About this job
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Contract
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level
Industry: Cybersecurity, DevOps, Internet Infrastructure
python, ruby, docker, automation, aws
New Context is a rapidly growing consulting company in the heart of downtown San Francisco. We specialize in Lean Security: an approach that leads organizations to build better, safer software through hands-on technical and management consulting. We are a group of engineers who live and breathe Agile Infrastructure, Systems Automation, Cloud Orchestration, and Information & Application Security.
Our client is seeking a DevOps Engineer to work onsite in Kansas City, MO at least four(4) days a week with the ability to transition into a partial or full remote position at a later date.
As a New Context DevOps Engineer, you will provide technical leadership with a hands-on approach. Our clients look to us to guide them to a solution that makes sense for them, and you should expect to provide thought leadership, design, and implement that solution.
Expect to heavily use Open Source software to take on challenges like delivery of highly secured containers, management of IoT devices or building Big Data ecosystems at petabyte scale and beyond. You will utilize our core methodologies - Agile, Lean, TDD and Pair Programming - along with your fluency in DevOps - to implement robust and reliable systems for our clients.
We foster a tight-knit, highly-supportive environment where there are no stupid questions. Even if you may not know the answer immediately, you'll have the entire company supporting you via Slack, Zoom, or in-person. We also host a daily, all-company stand-up via Zoom, and a weekly company Retro, so you won't just be a name on an email.
At New Context, our core values are Humility, Integrity, Quality & Passion! Our employees live these values every single day.
Who you are:
- A seasoned technologist with 2+ years of work experience in a DevOps, SRE, or Continuous Integration role;
- Fluent in one or more high-level languages, ideally Ruby and/or Python;
- Experienced in Open Source web technologies, especially in the areas of highly-available, secure systems;
- An excellent communicator, experienced working with external clients and customers and able to communicate productively with customers to explain technical aspects and project status;
- Able to think on your feet and learn quickly on-the-job in order to meet the expectations of our clients;
- A great teammate and a creative and independent thinker. Bonus points if you are:
- Happy and effective in a consulting role;
- A believer in automated tests and their role in software engineering;
- Able to translate complex concepts to business customers Technology we use:
We tailor solutions to our customers. You might work on projects using any of the following technologies:
- Automation: HashiCorp Product Suite (Terraform, Packer, Vault, Consul, Vagrant), Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Automated Testing
- Containerization Ecosystem: Kubernetes, Docker, Mesosphere, Rancher, CoreOS
- Cloud & Virtualization: AWS, GCP, Azure, OpenStack, Cloudstack, kvm, libvirt
- Tools: GitLab, Jenkins, Atlassian Suite, Pivotal Tracker, Git,
- Monitoring: SysDig, DataDog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Sentry, Nagios, Prometheus
- Databases/Datastores: Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, PostgreSQL, MySQL
- Security: Compliance Automation, Application Security, Firewalls, OSSEC, AuthN and AuthZ