Experienced DevOps Engineer
With Ipro Tech in Tempe AZ USMore jobs from Ipro Tech
Posted on September 10, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Industry: Desktop Applications, Information Technology, SaaS
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
docker, kubernetes, c#, powershell, azure, sysadmin
How you will make an impact:
As a DevOps engineer you will ensure that the system is running smoothly and monitor to proactively respond to issues before it arises. You will ensure that your developers are never doing repetitive tasks, and the infrastructure is kept up to date as the stack evolves. Automate as much as possible to deliver fast and frequent with quality. Work with cloud platforms to drive organizational growth and opportunity.
Challenges you will help us solve:
- Containerize our Desktop and Web based applications
- Design, build and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure and tools.
- Design and Develop the test automation to validate the builds in the CI/CD pipeline
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that solutions are designed with customer user experience, scale/performance, security and operability in mind
We are looking for someone who:
- Has keen interest and aptitude for technical solutions, automation and consistent operations
- Focuses on efficient and robust programs and processes for supporting maximum uptime and throughput while ensuring CI/CD
- Is comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Is genuinely passionate about technology, process and tools
- Is attracted to complicated, complex problems.
- Is forward thinking and likes to learn & use new technologies.
- Is built to thrive in ambiguity and doesn't mind frequent pivots.
- Plays well with others. You thrive while sharing knowledge and receiving input.
- Resolve issues within a complex system that is highly driven by analytics and metrics
- Perform daily system monitoring, assist in problem root cause determination across a variety of systems
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Demonstrate technical chops daily and encouraged to challenge the status quo and rethink possibilities
We win with people. Here’s how we support ours:
- 100% company-paid benefits for the employee including: Health, Dental, Short/Long Term Disability and up to $50,000 in life insurance.
- 15 PTO days and 10 paid holidays.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- We offer flexible start and end times.
- We have a start-up company mentality with 29 years of industry experience.
- Work/Life balance is valued and upheld.
- Progressive, hip environment with private food market, onsite gym, outdoor patio, lounge & game room, and casual office culture.
The successful candidate has:
- 5+ years experience working in DevOps role
- 2+ years of experience in building and administering VMs and containers using tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform/Helm at enterprise level
- 3+ years of experience in designing and maintaining cloud-based solutions with Azure
- 3+ years of experience working with .NET technologies such as C# and PowerShell
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process at an enterprise level and for on-prem applications. Comfortable with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Experience translating development team requirements into Application/System configuration.
- Experience with SCM tools like TFS/GIT/Bitbucket
- Experience with continuous inspection tools like SonarQube and Artifacts management like Artifactory
- Experience working with CI tools such as Jenkins or similar
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet or similar
- Experience with Enterprise level monitoring tools like New Relic, Nagios
- Strong experience with SQL
- Sound knowledge of network fundamentals to include basic troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Knowledge of testing frameworks
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations deploying highly-available, scalable and secure applications
- Understanding of the concepts of Infrastructure as Code, Automation and Orchestration
- Understanding of Stack Traces, Error Logs and experience troubleshooting server problems
- Understanding of branching strategies
- Agile/SCRUM experience.
The Ideal candidate possesses:
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies, cloud services and tools.
- Experience with end user PC remote management and deployment methods for desktop applications
- Experience with maintaining patch levels of software installations across multiple systems. Implement installations, changes, upgrades, patches and production
- Experience training, mentoring junior developer
- NoSQL experience is a plus