Network Communications Specialist/ Principal Network
With Northrop Grumman in Woodlawn MD USMore jobs from Northrop Grumman
Posted on September 10, 2019
About this job
Compensation: $90k - 115k
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Contract
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
networking, lan, vmware, cisco, ip, sysadmin
Communications Specialist (CCNP) Level 3
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Description of Work:
- Survey network requirements of remote customer offices, campus buildings, and Data Centers. Define equipment, cables, adapters and configurations needed to upgrade buildings and sites to established standard.
- Analyze current network configurations and determine implementation requirements.
- Configure routing protocols, complex switch networks, and Fabric Path configurations.
- Prepare network equipment for deployment by loading appropriate software and configuration setting according to pre- engineered design templates.
- Assemble required equipment, cables, adapters, etc. and arrange delivery to site for installation.
- Upgrade configuration of existing network equipment to support new features and functions.
- Manage field installation contractors while they are on-site and provide all technical details to complete installations.
- Continually review the customer's network and practices looking for opportunities to enhance network functionality, performance and reliability.
- Assist in the evaluation of potential network products or technical solutions.
- Test LAN/WAN equipment software (i.e.: IOS, NXOS).
- Contribute to the development of network documentation, including diagrams, standards, specifications and operating procedures.
- Monitor for opportunities to enhance the customer network/system performance or reliability.
- Monitor for opportunities to improve the customer service delivery practices.
- Perform on-going management of network installation and upgrade projects and maintain deployment schedules.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and Northrop Grumman management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Maintain and extend expertise in applicable areas of network and computer hardware and software technology.
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Network Communications Specialist (CCNP) Level 3:
- Bachelor's degree with 5+ years of networking experience, Master's degree with 3+ years of networking experience, or 9+ years of networking experience in lieu of degree.
- Must possess an active Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent level of Cisco Certification or higher
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on network experience configuring routing protocols and switching configuration in medium (One Data Center and 600+ locations) or larger networks.
- Must be US Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis
- Passed the Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert Written examination within the last one year
- Passed VMWare Data Center Virtualization or End User Computing examination or RedHat Certified System Administrator or RedHat Certified Engineer examination.
- Knowledge of scripting language such as Python, Pearl,
- Hands-on experience with Cisco NXOS
- Knowledge of Wide Area Network technologies
- Knowledge of Local Area Network technologies such as Ethernet, wireless LAN as well as the physical media and equipment associated with each
- Knowledge of IP routing protocols and implementations
- Proficient with IPv4 and IPv6 addressing scheme
- Understanding of network connectivity for physical and virtualized servers and Storage Area Network (SAN)