Principal Network Monitoring Systems Engineer:
With Northrop Grumman in Woodlawn MD USMore jobs from Northrop Grumman
Posted on September 10, 2019
About this job
Compensation: $115k - 130k
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Contract
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
security, networking, cisco, cyber-ark
Principal Network Monitoring Systems Engineer
Description of Work:
Responsibilities for this position will include:
- Become knowledgeable on the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) technical requirements for SSA's CDM program. Understand your role in CDM activities.
- Designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products, including design of high level dashboards, using data feeds from different network tools.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including use of Cyber Security tools, whitelisting, blacklisting activities.
- May prepare security reports to regulatory agencies.
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Software Developer Analyst:
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 years of related experience, Master's degree and 2 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of applied work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree requirement.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Forescout and Fireeye cyber security tools
- Minimum of 2 years of experience performing security functions on network devices, appliances, and security tools
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in developing and tailoring reporting from network security tools.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience understanding of whitelisting and blacklisting using network security tools and devices
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder) and Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- CCNA/CCNP/CISSP a plus
- Possess CyberArk and access management experience
- Possess knowledge of Tenible/Nessus, Sourcefire, Stealthwatch, and DBProtect knowledge.
- Prior experience supporting the Social Security Administration or similar government agencies
- Understanding of business processes supporting IT programs, networks, and/or cybersecurity programs
- Understanding of technologies, networking principles, data flows, work flows, IT reporting, etc.
- Significant understanding of network security tools
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in demonstrates the skill and ability to perform moderately complex professional tasks.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.