Senior/Lead Java Developer
With Refinitiv in Nottingham - GBMore jobs from Refinitiv
Posted on September 10, 2019
About this job
Compensation: £45k - 70k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
agile, java, amazon-web-services
In this role, you will design and implement feature enhancements and maintenance updates for existing software as well as delivering new capabilities and technology updates such as migrating our services to third-party cloud providers (e.g. AWS, Azure).
As a member of the IAM development team, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Effectively use modern development methods, including build and test tools, and agile processes to deliver high-quality services. Your work will include producing deployment artefacts and documentation.
- Build security and availability into designs from the beginning, including monitoring and data collection for ongoing support and service improvement.
- Collaborate closely with other groups within the organisation to understand their requirements of the platform and to support their use of it.
- You will maintain an understanding of industry trends and use this knowledge to bring new ideas to the platform.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline
- Relevant experience in software development (J2EE, Java)
- Relevant leadership experience for more senior roles
- Experience with designing, developing, debugging, optimising and supporting complex production systems operating across multiple datacentres and meeting requirements for security, scalability, availability and performance
- Experience with modern development methods, including agile, continuous build and unit testing processes
- Strong social and collaboration skills and with different types of audiences
- Self-motivated and self-directed with an ability to translate high-level direction into solutions and development projects
- Excellent process analysis skills with an eye for optimisation and automation
- Thorough knowledge of basic security concepts, such as authentication, authorisation, and auditing
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills
- Ability to manage own time effectively and to manage competing priorities
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse, globally distributed team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of Identity and Access Management technologies, including OAuth, SAML and/or IAM vendor solutions such as ForgeRock, Auth0, ping.
- Active Directory administration, Windows authentication, Linux authentication
- Experience with or knowledge of public cloud service providers, such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure
- Experience with deployment approaches and technologies such as microservice architectures, Docker, Kubernetes, CI/CD pipelines.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, colour, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
By clicking on "Apply", the process for submitting an application will begin. If you have any questions prior to clicking "Apply", please contact the recruiter.