Sr. Principal Computer System Security Analyst:
With Northrop Grumman in Woodlawn MD USMore jobs from Northrop Grumman
Posted on September 10, 2019
About this job
Compensation: $120k - 150k
Location options: Paid relocation
Job type: Contract
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
security, networking, cyber-ark, enterprise
Job Description Description
- Provides technical analysis in network security planning, engineering, and design.
- Be the enterprise expert in cross-functional discipline of enterprise network and cyber security infrastructure.
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network security problems.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and cyber security hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Intrusion Prevention devices, etc.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network and cyber security equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators.
- Evaluates potential networking products, technical solutions, and capacity requirements to meet business needs.
- Validate enterprise-level network security design, newly released equipment software and operating system for vulnerabilities and deficiencies. Makes changes to mitigate the risk.
- Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
- Reviews the customer's network security looking for opportunities to enhance security functionality, performance and reliability by utilizing the proven industry best-practices and architectures.
- Provides specifications and detail schematics for unified network architecture of the enterprise.
- Provides daily monitoring/detection of potential performance/throughput issue and develop risk mitigation solutions
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to Government customer and Northrop Grumman management.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of network problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Become knowledgeable on the Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) technical requirements for CDM program.
- Designs, tests, and implements state-of-the-art secure operating systems, networks, and database products, including design of high level dashboards, using data feeds from different network tools.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including use of cyber security tools, whitelisting, blacklisting activities.
- May prepare security reports to regulatory agencies.
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- 14+ years' experience with at least 18 years in engineering complex network systems. 12 years with Bachelor's, 10 years with Master's, 7 years with Ph.D.
- Possess a Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert - Security (CCIE – Security) or CCDE credential or Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer (PCNSE) or Check Point Certified Security Expert (CCSE) or Check Point Managed Security Expert (CCMS)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience performing security functions on network devices, appliances, and security tools
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in General frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in demonstrates the skill and ability to translate security mandates and guidelines such as NIST 800-series into operational functions.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in developing and tailoring reporting from network security tools.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience understanding of whitelisting and blacklisting using network security tools and devices
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (Green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- CCIE/PCNSE/CISSP/CCSE a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Forescout and Fireeye cyber security tools
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Skybox tool.
- Possess CyberArk and access management experience
- Possess knowledge of Tenible/Nessus, Sourcefire, Stealthwatch, and DBProtect knowledge.
- Prior experience supporting the Social Security Administration or similar government agencies
- Understanding of business processes supporting IT programs, networks, and/or cybersecurity programs
- Understanding of technologies, networking principles, data flows, work flows, IT reporting, etc. Significant understanding of network security tools.