Senior Database Developer
With HealthStream, Inc. in Nashville TN USMore jobs from HealthStream, Inc.
Posted on October 03, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Healthcare, Information Technology, Workforce Development
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: Public
tsql, sql, c#, sysadmin
Work under guidance and supervision of Director, Data Integration. The primary responsibilities of this position are to participate in the design, development and support data import, reporting, manipulation and extraction. Including and not limited to building tools, creation of complex queries and SSIS packages, analyzing database performance and making recommendation for improvements, testing and evaluating new database features.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and develop new and tune existing SQL queries as needed
- Design, develop and implement automated solutions to transfer and import files
- Design, develop and implement automated solutions to extract data and transfer data/files to clients
- Design, develop and implement tools with user interface to generate extracts
- Maintain and improve existing Import and Extract processes
- Participate in the on-call rotation to troubleshoot and resolve database issues
- Investigate and resolve data issues as needed.
- Must be methodical and able to establish priorities
KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 4 year degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field
- Five or more years experience in relational database design and development using SQL Server is required
- Three or more years working experience with SSIS packages
- Minimum 5 years of experience with two or more of the following: ASP.Net, Windows Forms, or C#
HealthStream is an equal opportunity employer. HealthStream prohibits employment practices that discriminate against individual employees or groups of employees on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or federal law.