Manager, Software Development
With T-Mobile USA in Bothell WA USMore jobs from T-Mobile USA
Posted on October 08, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
Are you ready to join the un-carrier movement? Do you enjoy working on products with direct customer impact? Are you looking for a team of high performers to help expand your skills and experience? Do strive facing challenges that redefine industry-wide operations models?
We are looking for a dynamic and high performing software development manager within Technology Engineering and Transformation (TEQ) to work with software development and program delivery experience, to bring their experience and expertise and lead a team of high performing engineers in building and delivering the next generation of fully-autonomous test environments.
This individual will build, develop, and maintain a team of technical support engineers and analysts who will establish and help in maintaining 99.9% environment availability in the non production environments. Ability to rapidly deliver world class end user experience in the non production environments to T-Mobile internal end customers focused on IT project lifecycle deployments. Works very closely with IT teams within the organization with ongoing issue resolution. Will also work closely with environment transformation team and assist in environment operations transformation initiatives.
- Understands in depth the TEQ platforms, capabilities, processes, tools, and integration. What is currently available, what is being built, integration/dependencies and the TEQ end-state view.
- Collaborates closely with the Principal Architects and Software Engineers in solution designs and evaluates the value in the project/feature/capability to determine approach for adoption and enable self service.
Technology and System:
- Ensures stability of the non production environments.
- Constantly looking at innovative solutions to bring into the environment operations space (reporting, monitoring, best practices)
- Performs data modeling and data management and reports this up to Executive Leadership.
- Demonstrates knowledge of industry best practices, and a deep understanding ITSM and ITSM Tools, as well as ITIL Framework.
- Leads any Environment Outages to closure.
- Collaborates with Software Managers within the organization on stability of the non production environments. Project Management:
- Monitors and measures work tasks to ensure deliverables are provided on time and within budget. Relationship and People Management:
- Manages technical relationships with assigned vendors, including driving features and function requests for inclusion in future product releases.
- Effectively manages team to achieve results by providing appropriate direction, timely developmental feedback and coaching, and conducting performance reviews and conversations.
- Interviews and hires qualified team members, striving to improve T-Mobile bench strength and augmenting product or project teams with contract staff when required.
- Supports team in creating training and career development plans and ensures assignments with increasing levels of responsibility are given to staff.
- Provides coaching and direction to the team that drives action and enables achievement of performance and operational goals.
- Minimum 7 years' experience involvement and management of large scale systems applications and environments.
- Management/leadership of operational or project management resources 3-6 years, including leadership, planning, and coordination of operational work for 4 large projects.
- Minimum 3 years' experience supporting development and day to day operations of large scale application(s) a definite plus.
- A four year degree in Business, MIS, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.