Senior/Engineer (Cloud DevOps)
With SPTel Pte. Ltd. in Singapore - SGMore jobs from SPTel Pte. Ltd.
Posted on October 09, 2019
About this job
Compensation: SGD 48k - 90k
Location options: Visa sponsor
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
linux, administration, ansible, docker, jenkins
We are looking for a Software Engineer to produce and implement functional software solutions & automation in cloud environments. The candidate should have excellent organization and problem-solving skills. If you also have hands-on experience in software development and agile methodologies in a Dev/Ops environment, we’d like to meet you.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience in software development, system administration, deployment automation, quality assurance, and monitoring and maintaining large scale, mission critical services with various underlying dependencies.
- Responsible for design, development, testing and implementation of automated solutions that will interact with multiple third party and internal applications
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture
- Identify, prioritize and execute tasks in the software development life cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Review and debug code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products
- Document development phases and monitor systems
- Ensure software is up-to-date with latest technologies
- Experienced in Agile in a DevOps environment
- Experience in cloud environments (Openstack, AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.), containerisation(Docker, rkt, Kubernetes etc.) and developing within them
- Experience in devops tools like Git, Jenkin, Ansible, Docker, puppet, chef etc.
- Extensive experience in software development, scripting and project management
- Experience using cloud system monitoring tools (e.g. zabbix, Prometheus, nagios etc.) and automated testing frameworks.
- Experience with installation, configuration and management of log collection and aggregation tools like Splunk and ELK, creating dashboards and configuring alerts with tools like PagerDuty, Jira, Hipchat, Slack.
- Knowledge of selected programming languages (e.g. Python, C++) and the Java/J2EE platform
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Strong Linux administration & development experience
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- 2 - 6 years of experience; BSc/BA in Computer Science or a related degree preferred
- Entry level candidates with keen interest to join the Telecommunications Industry are welcome to apply