Application Support Analyst
With Revenew International in Houston TX USMore jobs from Revenew International
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sql, sysadmin, sql-server
Position: Application Support Analyst
Location: Houston, TX 77046
Company: Revenew International
Please note : Revenew will only consider local candidates currently authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for supporting, installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and managing assigned Revenew proprietary software, as well as supporting other IT initiatives and projects. Application Support Analyst must quickly learn, identify, and support appropriate in-house applications, data, and processes. This Application Support Analyst will also provide regular and timely updates and resolutions to business users, clients, and management. This role will also serve as IT backup and support internal operations, as needed. Successful incumbent must be motivated, self-starter and adept at working independently, with team-player attitude to collaborate with all levels of internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement and support Revenew proprietary software on client systems
- Support, maintain, and develop internal applications
- Receive and provide timely response to client requests, ensuring system uptime
- Perform data validation and mapping of large datasets
- Create and develop ad-hoc reports as required
- Work closely with client stakeholders on application support
- Collect customer inquiries, provide initial response, troubleshoot, and ensure satisfactory closure to all incidents
- Collaborate with internal and external customers on resolving complex technical issues
- Regularly evaluate the current state of the application, identify and recommend changes to facilitate improvement opportunities
- Keep detailed records of application’s performance and report necessary updates to management for review
- Provide on-call technical support to the application’s users
- Test, implement, document, and maintain support FAQ’s and solutions
- Perform application configuration upgrades and enhancements when needed
- Ability to manage and complete multiple projects simultaneously before deadlines
- Adaptability and willingness to assist with other projects, as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college in the field of Engineering or Computers
- Familiarity with SQL Server, My SQL, and php
- In-depth knowledge of software development cycle
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passionate about working with data
- Superior customer service skills and ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Flexibility and willingness to work on weekends and/or after-hours, as needed, to answer and resolve urgent client requests
- Programming experience with C#, T-SQL, and VBA
- SQL Server administration or development
- Familiarity with AWS
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing data issues
Expert user in the following software:Spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel), Database (Microsoft Access), Word processing (Microsoft Word), Microsoft PowerPoint, Internet software, E-mail software.
Candidates should be prepared for IT Assessment during office interview.
Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, and client relation skills are critical. Must be enthusiastic, personable, and able to explain technical concepts to non-technical clients. Must always maintain professional attitude and commitment to resolve customer issues with patience and courtesy.
Ability to define problems, collect and extrapolate data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Drawing inferences from information, applying logical reasoning based on information and producing evidentiary information to support one’s contention is required.
Some travel is required and can fluctuate, depending on client/project needs. Up to 20% of the time may be spent traveling to perform the above described roles and responsibilities. Revenew will reimburse eligible business-related travels, including airfare, lodging, transportation, and Per Diem, as per Revenew Travel Policy.
Competitive base salary commensurate with experience and incentive bonus program, which is based on individual performance. In addition, in some situations commissions may be paid depending on the basis of the audit work to be performed.
Compensation opportunities fall into the following categories. Results and performance significantly impact these opportunities.
- Base Salary: Commensurate with experience (paid semi-monthly)
- Variable Pay (Commission) based on performance & results (paid quarterly)
- Profit Sharing based on the profitability of the Company
- 401K plan with employer Safe Harbor contributions for eligible employees
- Healthcare Savings Account employer contributions for eligible employees
- Discretionary bonus (special achievements)
Revenew International is a Drug Free workplace. All employees and contractors are required to successful complete hair and urine drug screens prior to starting work for the company. Additional pre-engagement requirements include a background check, company engagement / employment paperwork and policy attestations.
Revenew participates in E-Verify. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Note : due to high volume of qualified applicants, we will not be able to personally speak to all interested candidates. If you are considered forward in the process, someone from HR will reach out to you within the next two weeks. Thanks for your time and consideration!