With Approved Freight in San Diego CA USMore jobs from Approved Freight
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, python, security
Approved Transportation & Warehousing, Ltd. has an immediate opening for an Applications Administrator to join our company in the San Diego office. Salary based on experience. We are looking for a career-minded individual to join our company offering opportunities to grow and to grow with us in the future.
We’re seeking a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for ensuring the organizations' computer systems are well maintained and operating reliably. They will need to be highly analytical and able to administer data.
To apply to this job posting you must apply through the following link, only.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
• Writing moderately complex SQL queries
• Creating and administering BI reports (in OBIEE, PowerBI, Cognos, or Tableao)
• Interpreting BI reports and analyzing other data sources to identify trends and anomalies
• Working with Microsoft Windows-based operating systems and Hyper-V (or a related technology)
• Working with application deployments, upgrades, data migrations, and patches
• Ability to author process and data flow diagrams using Visio or a similar tool
• Working with vendors
• Comfortable with IT data security best practices
• Experience with IT best practices (e.g. change management)
• Willingness to administer other systems, such as transportation management systems (TMS) and accounting or ERP systems
• Able to quickly learn and administer legacy and proprietary systems as needed
• Other duties may be assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
• 3 to 5 years administering a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
• 3 to 5 years administering and implementing Microsoft Office 365, Sharepoint and related technologies (such as Yammer and Teams).
• Experience parsing event logs to identify and troubleshoot incidents
• Experience testing data restore procedures
• Experience administering security systems, including single sign-on, as well as mobile device management applications
• Familiar with some AWS technologies including S3, EC2, R53, and SMS
• Working knowledge of HRIS systems, such as Oracle HRIS, Workday, or UltiPro
• Working knowledge of at least one scripting language, such as PowerShell, Python, or Groovy Script
• Experience with no-code automation solutions such as Microsoft Flow
• Comfortable with bulk data cleanup and data de-duplication
• Experience administering software licenses and other IT assets
• Experience provisioning users in phone systems
• Familiarity with corporate networking, including DNS and VLANs
• Strong project management experience.
• Demonstrate problem-solving and critical reasoning skills.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Medical & Dental
• FSA Medical & Dependent
• Aflac Benefits (i.e. Cancer, Disability, Accidental and Life)
• Paid Vacation
• Paid Holidays
• Paid Sick
Equal Opportunity Employer