With KIPP Texas Public Schools - Austin in Austin TX USMore jobs from KIPP Texas Public Schools - Austin
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
sql, sysadmin, sql-server
JOB TITLE: Database Administrator
ABOUT KIPP TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS
For more than 15 years, KIPP Austin, KIPP Dallas-Fort Worth, KIPP Houston, and KIPP San Antonio have put thousands of KIPPsters on the path to and through college. Last year, we collectively educated over 25,000 students in more than 50 schools, covering a geographic area of over 400 square miles. Our regions have a long history of informal collaboration with teachers and staff members sharing ideas, curricula, professional development, facilities, finances, end-of-year field trips, and more. As of the 2018-2019 school year, all KIPP schools in Texas joined forces as KIPP Texas Public Schools, a statewide network of schools dedicated to supporting students to and through college!
You can see all our job opportunities at ?https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team ?.
The Database Administrator reports to the KTX Director, Data Systems. The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for supporting and maintaining the organization's databases and database servers, monitoring scheduled jobs and backups, and assisting with the development of data marts. The Database Administrator works with functional leaders to develop solutions to support business needs. The Database Administrator helps ensure the integrity and quality of data used by the organization and downstream applications.
- Create physical database structures for test and production environments
- General database management including patches and upgrades, user management, access control and storage monitoring
- Develop, monitor, and troubleshoot SQL Server jobs
- Perform tuning, monitoring and optimization of queries
- Manage backup and recovery process and ensure backups complete on schedule
- Create and maintain documentation of database environment and related entities (jobs, SQL Server Integration Services packages, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of emerging database technology trends, recommends the development and implementation of the data systems that take advantage of these trends
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve database problems
- Adheres to IT data systems standards, metrics, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), documentation, communications, and training
- Implement monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of databases
- Evaluates and interprets requirements of key business stakeholders and data consumers to develop and implement solutions
- Collaborates on and develops complex queries, views, stored procedures, and user-defined functions
- Provides progress reporting for all assigned projects including estimates, risk analysis, and time spent
- Independently designs, develops and delivers ad-hoc reports
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to perform effectively in a dynamic and complex operating environment
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities and assignments
- Excellent interpersonal skills and works well in a collaborative cross-functional environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly to diverse audiences
- Team oriented mindset
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and above
- Demonstrated skill using SQL Server Management Studio
- Understanding of SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Reporting Services and Visual Studio (SQL Server Data Tools)
- Knowledge of SQL Server Analysis Services, cubes, and other advanced analytics tools.
- Experience with cloud databases (Azure)
- Understanding of NoSQL databases
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in a similar role
- Experience working in a school district, non-profit or government agency is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is based on years of experience, degree of education, and level of expertise. A competitive benefits package is also offered.
KIPP is a non-profit network of 200 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating elementary, middle, and high school students. We believe that all students will learn and achieve at high levels if given the opportunity. Our mission is to help students develop the knowledge, skills, and character strengths they need to seize those opportunities. Great education transforms lives.
- KIPP provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. ? ?As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.