Database Administrator (DB2 - IMS)
With CirrusLabs | Empowering a Limitless Future in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from CirrusLabs | Empowering a Limitless Future
Posted on November 08, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
sysadmin, database, sql
I have a position for below requirement if you are available and interested please do reply with your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or ring me on +1(703)722-1722
Position: Database Administrator (DB2 - IMS)
Location: Atlanta, GA & Norfolk, VA
Duration: Long Term
- Responsible for the full range of database development, support activities and detailed analysis.
- Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Develops database designs based on business requirements.
- Reviews and revises database designs and ensures that all technical and business requirements are met.
- Builds database structures based on detailed design.
- Performs database testing to ensure performance is met and compare with expected results.
- Provides support during the development cycle and supports the production implementation.
- Suggests new features, coding techniques and reference material.
- Identifies gaps in process or procedures and suggest improvements.
- Suggests options for implementation of features.
- Provides 24x7 production and non-production DBA on-call support.
Required Skills and Key Success Factors:
- Mainframe DB2 and IMS Database Administration Experience
- 5+ Years or more in database administration or related disciplines.
- Requires detailed business knowledge, detailed technical design knowledge, knowledge of database administration techniques and database administration tools.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others.
- Experience with DBMS performance management and monitoring tools.
- Proficiency in utilizing DBMS system management tools and implementation of new features and functionality preferred.
Secondary Skills (good to have):
- SQL coding, IIDR and Cloning tool experience.
Experience and Education:
- Requires BA/BS in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field;
- 5 or more of industry experience required in information systems
- 5 or more years of experience in database administration or related disciplines; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Lead Recruiter, Infotech Prism dba CirrusLabs
P: +1 703-722-1722 | F: 770 755 5697 | http://www.cirruslabs.io