Desktop Support Specialist
With YPO in Dallas TX USMore jobs from YPO
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Desktop Developer, System Administrator
Information Support Specialist (contract to hire)
The Information Systems Support Specialist resolves support requests for all company supported hardware, services and applications while maintaining exceptional user satisfaction.
- Courteously respond to all support requests to deliver service level agreements (SLA).
- Log, categorize, prioritize and provide solutions to all requests within the service desk.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of YPO applications and systems to quickly resolve issues.
- Investigate network operations alerts and respond as necessary.
- Provide technical assistance to associates and contractors by diagnosing, researching and troubleshooting technology related issues.
- Escalate recurring, difficult and wide-spread issues as appropriate.
- Perform system upgrades, scheduled maintenance and install vendor updates to ensure optimum performance, reliability and increase system security.
- Receive, inventory, image and deploy laptops and peripherals.
- Create, maintain and test laptop images and application changes.
- Participate in the selection of hardware standardizations and application deployments.
- Stay up to date with vendor reps, support contacts, contract terms and expirations.
- Provide technical training to individuals and departments.
- Organize and track IT supplies and assets.
- Install, configure, troubleshoot and maintain computer systems and cloud services.
- Prepare end user documentation for self-troubleshooting.
- Perform new hire onboarding and terminations as requested and approved based on defined procedures ensuring a pleasant experience for all involved.
- Interact effectively with users at all organizational levels.
- Evaluate compatibility of proposed solutions with existing hardware and services.
- Analyze vendor-supplied solutions to ensure they meet user objectives.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide onsite and remote support for YPO events as needed.
- After hours support as required and projects assigned by management.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks.
- Maintain organization and cleanliness in the server and storage rooms.
- Ability to work within an environment of frequently changing priorities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborate to deliver the best solutions and be a team player.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritizing skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Prepare technical documentation to provide easy to read step by step instructions.
- Quality control testing on new solutions.
- Discretion of confidential information.
- Strong knowledge of Windows and MAC platforms.
- Work independently and collaborate as a team.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrate personal initiative to complete the work of the team.
- Communicate complex concepts to a general audience.
- 3+ years working in a dynamic service desk environment.
- Proficient in Active Directory and Office 365 administration.
- Geographically dispersed user environment.
- Ability to learn quickly and willingness to share knowledge.
- Sensitivity to a multi-cultural environment.
- Extensive experience in application, hardware and network troubleshooting.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent hands-on technical experience.
- One or more technical certifications.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50lbs.
- Travel is < 10%, and may require extended travel up to two weeks.
YPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. YPO takes pride in supporting a diverse workforce and demonstrates this through its policies and practices. YPO does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.