With Guru Technologies in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Guru Technologies
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
amazon-web-services, sysadmin, web-services
Guru is a dynamic, venture-backed start-up in Philadelphia is looking for an excellent DevOps Engineer to help us to maintain our Amazon Web Services operations.
You will work within the AWS environment, including implementation of new services and ongoing maintenance. You should also be familiar with various operating systems, AWS services, such as EC2 and S3, scripting styles and management tools, and be able to identify and avoid technical debt. You will closely collaborate with the engineering department to ensure successful releases and proper environment configuration. If this sounds like you, we should chat!
This job is not only about how well you handle our DevOps; it’s about how you lend your positivity and presence, combined with your skillset to an energized environment and highly collaborative team. Strong sense of humor required, sarcasm detection skills a plus.
- Ability to work closely with development teams to ensure system reliability and performance
- Create and maintain release and update processes using build tools like Maven and other build systems
- Exposure to revision control systems with branching and tagging (Git)
- Maintain distinct environments such as development, staging, production
- Maintain monitoring and reporting infrastructure
- Maintain operations in accordance with continued SOC 2 compliance
- Experience managing applications in Amazon Web Services and familiarity with all of their offerings including EC2, S3, RDS, etc.
- General understanding of networking & load balancing solution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, equivalent training, fellowship or work experience
- 1-3 years of DevOps or relevant experience
- Scripting skills, preferably with Bash and Python
- Background in Unix system administration
- Excellent documentation habits
- Self-starter, ability to prioritize numerous tasks on their own
- Ability to learn and be adaptable in a dynamic environment
Benefits To You
- Competitive salary
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Generous health and commuter benefits
- Dog Friendly Office
- The chance to contribute to an upbeat, fully engaged culture
Guru is a dynamic, fast growing start-up based in Philadelphia and San Francisco. Our mission is to reinvent the way people connect with meaningful information at work. Guru’s knowledge management solution provides customer-facing teams access to expert-verified information where they work and when they need it most. We believe in cultivating a welcoming, inclusive culture that encourages personal growth through working hard and having fun.
Launched in September 2015, our vision is backed by an amazing group of investors including FirstMark Capital, Salesforce, Michael Dell, the Slack Fund, Emergence Capital, and Thrive Capital. As we enter the next exciting stage of expansion, we're searching for passionate individuals to join our rapidly growing team.
This is a full-time position located in our Philadelphia office. Re-location and/or Visa Sponsorship is not included in our hiring package. Applicants will need to be authorized to work in the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.