With GoCanvas in Reston VA USMore jobs from GoCanvas
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: Private
amazon-web-services, docker, kubernetes
GoCanvas is revolutionizing how work gets done by modernizing small businesses through powerful cloud-based customizable apps and mobile experiences. We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to help organize our engineering teams as we are scaling through exciting growth. As a product-forward company, we believe the DevOps role is essential to making sure our engineering team is focused on building an amazing product and embracing continuous improvement.
As a key member of our engineering team, you will be leveraging the appropriate technologies to scale a high performing team, foster continuous integration, improvement, monitoring and help ensure goals are being met and amazing product is being delivered. In this role, you will be focused on continuous delivery, testing, and monitoring, in addition to infrastructure strategy in tandem with our operations team.
You’ll receive training to become familiar with our culture, systems, mobile app platform and strategy. You’ll gain tremendous experience in scaling a rapidly growing SaaS company. We’re looking for A-players who believe in our mission, share our values and aren’t afraid to join us on this game-changing ride!
Your Most Important Initiatives
- Grow an existing continuous integration (CI) platform to scale for multiple independent development teams across multiple cloud technologies and software stacks
- Leverage tools to communicate meaningful feedback to developers, quality assurance, and other stakeholders
- Make continuous improvements our highly-available cloud architecture, managing configurations across the system infrastructure
- Empower developers to quickly deliver quality products to our customers
- Learn and understand the capabilities of emerging DevOps tools and bring industry best practices to our teams
- Empathize with our teams to understand challenges, communicate alternatives, and implement
What Success Looks Like
- Maintain an effective CI/CD pipeline
- Contribute to the delivery of quality and security of products
- Work with teams to understand their typical workflows and CI requirements
- Stay on top of industry trends and contribute creative solutions to the team’s problems
- Build effective working relationships and display effective communication with teams
What You Bring
- Established knowledge of operating cloud technologies via AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator – Associate, or other relevant certification
- Experience working with Docker or other containerization technologies
- Familiarity with configuration management and infrastructure orchestration tools such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or Kubernetes
- Comfort with systems administration tasks in Linux, Windows, and Mac environments
- Experience working in an agile/lean software development team
- Familiarity with modern web servers and middleware, e.g. Apache Web Server, nginx, HAProxy, Apache Tomcat, Phusion Passenger; and data stores, e.g. MySQL, Postgres, Redis
- A passion for amazing products and great engineering teams
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The desire to be a part of a team that’s just as passionate as you
So, What’s GoCanvas?
GoCanvas is a mobile platform that makes it simple for businesses to automate how work is done, replacing outdated processes and expensive paperwork. The GoCanvas App works on smartphones and tablets, helping companies easily collect information across their organization, share it instantly with others and gain real-time insight on their business operations. GoCanvas can be easily customized by all types of businesses to empower their workforce, unleashing the value in data across the organization to help better connect with colleagues and engage more effectively with customers. Automating millions of workplace activities for well-known brands like UnderArmour, Pepsi, Honda, and Red Bull means there's a good chance you have been around someone using GoCanvas in the past 24 hours, making us one of the fastest-growing mobile platforms in the world!
Our recent achievements as an organization include but are not limited to: being named by Deloitte as one of the “Fast 500 Technology Companies” in both 2017 and 2018, coming in at #261 in 2018 for 331% company growth, our second year in a row winning Best in Biz Awards; Gold for “Fastest Growing Company” and Silver for the “Best Places to Work”, we were also featured as a winner in the 2018 “DCA Live Red Hot Companies”, and last but definitely not least by The Muse, in the article “26 Companies That Celebrate Diversity”!
Everyone, from top-ranking executives to newly-hired employees, is passionate about helping businesses function better with technology. The team has attained what few can by successfully blending a driven and fast-paced workforce with an open, supportive attitude that has contributed much to the company’s overall growth.
We’re on a mission to continue fostering an amazing culture for people who like to make an impact and enjoy collaborating!
What GoCanvas Brings
We believe hiring the right people is THE most important thing we do. We take our company values seriously and look for these traits in everyone we hire: Empathy, Innovation, Authenticity, Impactful, Team Player and Cheeky/Fun Loving. We believe in giving people the freedom to get things done, but that they should also have accountability for their key metrics, think and act like owners of our business and be able to work in a flat organizational structure. We provide an environment that allows for innovation and creativity as well as a chance for highly motivated individuals to have fun at work.
Based in Reston, Virginia, we have an amazing open office with unlimited snacks, free drinks, and collaboration areas. To better help us revolutionize how work gets done around the globe, we also have offices in London and Sydney. You can learn more about recent activities on our blog updates and our cultural values on our CEO blog.
While we believe culture trumps perks, we are proud to provide a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet our team members’ needs.
- Competitive Compensation
- Entrepreneurial Vacation Policy (sometimes known as unlimited vacation)
- 13 Company-Paid Holidays, which rotate annually, but always include Earth Day and one other day significant to GoCanvas, such as Steve Jobs’ birthday
- An ideal Reston Town Center location with an abundance of FREE covered parking, dozens of restaurants, 45 retail stores, a movie theater, outdoor concerts, all within walking distance of the office
- Company-Subsidized healthy lunches
- Medical Insurance, where the Employee Only level of coverage is free!
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account depending upon your medical plan selection
- Basic Term Life Insurance and Personal Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401k plan with employer match
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
No agencies, please.