EVP Business Process Transformation
With APi Group, Inc. in Minneapolis MN USMore jobs from APi Group, Inc.
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
project-management, oracle, api
This is a C-Level Opportunity domiciled in our Information Technology area.
Location: Northern Minneapolis/St. Paul suburb (New Brighton - Greater Minneapolis-St. Paul Area)
Join one of the nation’s highest ranked specialty construction contractors and become part of a family of companies who bring innovation to our industry. Based on several expansion initiatives to better serve our internal customers from coast-to-coast, we are seeking a leader with poise, integrity, and influence equity to join us as EVP of Business Process Transformation.
We Build Great Leaders:
Our company purpose is to build great leaders. Each team member has the opportunity to be a leader. While APi Group is small enough to offer a family-like environment, it is large enough to grant employees access to the best resources and development opportunities the industry has to offer. With this mission and these resources at your disposal, here you are empowered to lead self, lead others, and lead teams. Here, you will grow your leadership skills. You will support the individual leadership journey of others. You will lead teams who lead our industry.
- Caring and enduring relationships with others
- Honesty and integrity
- Excellence, nothing less
- Enjoying our work
- Safety, health and well-being of all of our employees
- Combining small company abilities with large company advantages
Introductory note about this C-Level Opportunity domiciled in our Information Technology area. The Company has recently become public and accordingly requires a reset and acceleration of its IT enabled business process alignment and implementation plans. This leader will oversee the design, development, and implementation phases of company wide systems to aid in and automate the transformation and alignment of our business process company wide in an environment that is currently decentralized in almost every respect. Projects will include implementation across multiple decentralized subsidiary businesses of multiple software systems. Roadmaps are currently being developed and are anticipated to include payroll, revenue management, consolidations, and ERP. The Company’s most recent implementations have been onto Microsoft AX 2012. This position reports into the Business Process Transformation Steering Committee which includes the CEO of the Company. In addition to the efficiencies and quality of information expected to result, the systems implemented will be expected to lead to IT General Control Sarbanes Oxley substantial compliance within 2 years and to enable Sarbanes Oxley compliant controls over the business processes automated.
This senior level role requires exceptional technology expertise combined with leadership presence, proven strategic planning experience, and a demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally on technology decisions. The EVP-Business Process Transformation is a strategic partner who understands how technology supports the business’s objectives. A close working relationship with the incumbent CIO and existing IT resources is essential to the success of this position. As new capabilities are developed and deployed, they will need to be handed off to the existing IT capability for long term support and maintenance as well as the life cycle upgrades.
In This Role, You Will:
- Own, manage, and lead the project in designing and implementing proven business capabilities in terms of people, processes, tools, and attitudes in the areas of finance, operations, supply chain, and payroll.
- Lead a “team of teams” consisting to be comprised of internal and external IT resources along with business level leadership.
- Use Earned Value Analysis to drive the on-time, on-budget, delivery to acceptable quality levels.
- Insure the 6-10 software partners and products are coming together to deliver on the solution and the schedule.
- Work collaboratively and directly with cross functional C-level leadership to own the project and drive successful change across 40+ semi-autonomous business units.
- Move rapidly on the global design while accompanying the need of 40+ legal entities across 3-5 different industries.
Scope of the Key Business Solutions required includes but is not necessarily limited to:
- **People and payroll (**employee management, field data / payroll)
- **Project and service management and billing (**equipment management, purchasing and inventory, subcontractor management)
- Financial processes, consolidations and reporting
You Will Manage and Lead
- A dedicated team of approximately 30 FTEs focused on change management and project leadership.
- An integrated project plan and across solution design, IT infrastructure, Change Management, and Implementation.
- Project teams in delivering additional project plans, project schedules, risk mitigation, issue management, and executive communications.
- Serve as oversight and primary contact for all work stream /project leads and 3rd party implementation vendors.
- Manage costs against budget
- Oversee the provisioning of functional and technical support, training and facilities as needed to support project activities.
- Partner with and report project status to senior level leadership team
Required Skills & Experience
- 15 or more years of IT experience with a minimum of 7 years of project management experience.
- Minimum of three end to end implementations as the project manager of ERP implementations. At least one implementation of a Tier 1 ERP (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics AX) is required.
- Project management experience over at least one ERP implementation with a minimum of six locations.
- Project budgets: you should have managed at least one ERP installation project over $5 million.
- Experience in project or program management using best practices and methodologies.
- Experience in developing ROI business cases for process improvement and systems initiatives.
- Demonstrated successes in managing scope, time, cost, quality, risk, team dynamics, and distributed team/resource management.
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects of up to 30 team members directly.
- Experience with project definition, contract management, vendor management, requirements definition and analysis, budget management, schedule management.
- Experience with project management planning and scheduling tools, such as Microsoft Project or Primavera.
- Strong process orientation and a solid understanding of project management techniques, methodologies and best practices. Ability to guide, mentor and coach colleagues in the best practices of project management.
- Leadership presence.
- Strategic planning leadership and experience.
- Ability to explain complex technical information clearly to business stakeholders.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to present solutions/alternatives and influence the outcome of decisions.
- Change management expertise.
- Education: BA/BS is required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- More than three implementations as a Project Manager with a Tier 1 ERP (SAP, Oracle, Microsoft Dynamics AX). In-depth experience with cloud computing both Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
- It is highly desired that you managed at least one Tier 1 ERP installation project over $10 million.
- Change management certification is a plus.
- Certifications with methodology and implementation experience specifically with Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus.
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Certification.
- Six Sigma.
- PMP certification.
- Prior experience in the construction industry or other contract revenue-based service industry.
Travel : Ability to work at our headquarters in our northern Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN suburb. Ability to travel based on project needs to remote locations. 10-40% overnight travel outside of Minneapolis/St. Paul.
About Our Organization
Our organization is a public holding company for a family of 40 independent companies spread over the US, Canada, and the UK. Annual revenues exceed $4 billion. We are located in the northern Minneapolis/St. Paul suburbs.
APi Group Inc. is a multi-billion-dollar parent company to more than 40 independently managed life safety, energy, specialty construction and infrastructure companies in over 200 locations worldwide. APi Group combines the personal attention of small-to-medium sized construction companies with the strength of an industry leader to bring innovation to the construction industry. Since 1926, APi Group, has grown by acquisition to become the successful multi-billion-dollar company it is today. The secret? Our companies maintain who they are. They keep the identity, reputation, customer relationships and culture they’ve worked hard to establish. We also value and invest in the relationships of each company leader and their business.
APi Group and its family of companies are committed to Building Great Leaders™ throughout the entire organization. APi Group is dedicated to each and every employee’s development. Each team member is a leader, and while APi Group is small enough to offer a family-like environment, it is large enough to grant employees access to the best resources and development opportunities the industry has to offer. We offer leadership training opportunities designed for individuals from the field force to the company president level.
To Be Considered
Please send your resume and any supportive documentation to John Amodeo at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your telephone number(s) and the best time to call you. An employment application and self-disclosure statements will be requested after your first in person interview at our New Brighton location.
APi Group Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please note that candidates must currently be eligible to work for any employer in the United States.