Information Technology Help Desk Analyst
With JBT Corporation in Salt Lake City UT USMore jobs from JBT Corporation
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, windows, web-services
This role will be based out at our site in Ogden UT
John Bean Technologies Corporation (JBT) is a leading global technology solutions provider to high-value segments of the food and beverage industry with focus on proteins, liquid foods, and automated guided vehicles. JBT designs, produces, and services sophisticated products and systems for multi-national and regional food companies through its FoodTech segment. JBT also sells critical equipment and services to domestic and international air transportation customers through its AeroTech segment.
Within JBT FoodTech, its Protein division provides comprehensive equipment and service solutions to its global protein customers that include chilling, mixing, grinding, injection, marinating, portioning, coating, frying, baking, and freezing for poultry, beef, pork and seafood. The Liquid Foods division makes equipment and service solutions to extract, batch, blend, store, fill, preserve, and package fruits, juices, vegetables, dairy, and various other products for its global food producer customers. The Automated Systems division provides stand-alone and fully integrated robotic automated guided vehicle systems for repetitive material movement.
JBT AeroTech manufactures and services airport ground support equipment (plane de-icers, aircraft tow vehicles and cargo loading systems), airport gate equipment (Jetway brand), and military equipment.
John Bean Technologies was spun off as a public company from FMC Technologies in 2008. JBT Corporation takes its name from John Bean, a California inventor who founded the Bean Spray Pump Company in 1884, the company that eventually became Food Machinery Corporation (FMC) though a series of mergers and acquisitions in the 20th century.
- Serves as initial (tier 1) contact for all internal and external customer technical support request. Includes request such as computer workstation hardware and software, telephone, operating system, printing and internet access problems.
- Duties include answering the help desk phone, recording the incident, first level corrective action and incident/problem escalation when necessary.
- Performs installs, upgrades, moves and changes for computer workstation hardware and software, printers and other peripheral devices.
- Analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems. Alert Service Delivery/Infrastructure management to emerging trends in incidents.
- Assist in software releases and roll-outs and communication to the end users.
- Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information and nature of problem or issue in ITSM tool.
- Build rapport and elicit problem details from IT customers.
- Record, track and document the request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Perform security patches and system upgrades to servers each month.
- Perform daily monitoring and management of the backup solution.
- Perform infrastructure needs such as new network cabling, printer/print server management, peripherals, etc.
- Supporting and troubleshooting backup, recovery and archiving.
- Produce, review and provide Sarbanes and Oxley documentation and KPMG auditors
- Assist with security initiatives; malware threats, possible infected PC machines/servers, incident reports from security team, as needed
- Assigned to projects as required.
Education and Experience:
- University degree in the field of computer technology and/or IT technical certifications a plus.
- Experience with a comprehensive knowledge of PC hardware installation, repair, testing, and troubleshooting.
- Application support experience
- Understanding of ITILv3 processes. Foundation certification a plus.
Training and Competencies Required:
- Microsoft operating systems and applications
- Windows Active Directory
- PC/Laptop support
- Strong problem solving/analysis
- Time management skills
- Ability to work independently, autonomously, very self-motivated
Specialized Knowledge, Equipment, and Applications:
- Familiar with Windows PC hardware/software
- Microsoft operating systems
- Windows Active Directory, Exchange
- Networking (subnetting, IP, DNS, etc.)
- Able to communicate effectively with employees on-site and at other locations including internationally via email, telephone, and in-person
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a global, virtual environment.
JBT Corporation offers the growth potential of a company with a developing technology that is unique in its field, plus frequent company-sponsored events and a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage and 401(k) plan.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to http://www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Megan Meagrow at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.