With PREDICTif Solutions in Houston TX USMore jobs from PREDICTif Solutions
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, networking, security
Smith and Associates is looking for an experienced Network Admin. Come see all the amazing benefits, employee focus and opportunity that Smith provides!
The Network Administrator is responsible for the administration and support of the organizations data networks, switches, firewalls, VPNs, MPLS, routers, phone system, and associated support systems. Administration and support includes using network management, optimization and monitoring tools installation.
The Network Administrator performs advanced analysis, design, implementation, and network management duties for complex network configurations; acquires and customizes electronic equipment and software as necessary to implement networks and support use of information technology; assumes responsibility for ongoing support of existing networks; coordinates projects; and performs related duties as required.
The Network Administrator must have experience with large scale projects and must be able to multitask by working on several projects at once. Admin must also be constantly aware of security risks and be able to carry out procedures related to applying patches to security bugs and privacy risks and has demonstrated the ability to work as a team player in large IT environment.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Enterprise Core Networking design and support for a Cisco Nexus switch family. Display proficiency in these platforms.
• Enterprise WAN Networking with experience in QoS, VPN and MPLS
• Install, maintain, upgrade and troubleshoot networking components related to Internet, local area, wide area connectivity as well as ensure security, reliability and performance for the network infrastructure along with performing day to day task related to its operations.
• Work with IT team and perform tasks related to Disaster Recovery and avoidance
• Monitor network performance and resources, proactively increasing network uptime
• Maintain IP scheme and manage DHCP scopes and DNS records, including DHCP and DNS servers
• Manage network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and network technologies such as STP, LACP, PoE, VLANs, VTP, 802.1x, port security and monitoring configurations as examples.
• Act as an escalation point for other support teams and participate in the on-call rotation
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
• Previous position must be Senior Network Administrator or Network Manager
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
• Experience with implementing, managing and monitoring MPLS
• Good troubleshooting and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of advanced networking switching and routing technology
• Knowledge of firewall technology and network security
• Knowledge of Cisco routers/switches/wireless/voice
• Knowledge of Cisco Meraki switches, firewall, wireless
• Knowledge of LAN/Wan Infrastructure Protocols
• Understanding of network management processes and applications
• Forward thinking and ability to adapt to evolving technology
• Knowledge of routing and routing protocols, specifically BGP, OSPF and EIGRP
• Experience with Firewall policies and rule sets to include Cisco ASA and Cisco Merak hardware platforms.
• 8+ or more years of IT implementation experience
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Experience in following best practice’s while setting up network’s and applying security patterns on AWS.
• Support the organization in maturing the infrastructure into a fully automated, service-oriented, hybrid IT.
Technology Specific Qualifications
• Security – Cisco ASA and Meraki experience
• Networking – Cisco Nexus, Meraki, MPLS, Routing, Wireless, EIGRP, BGP, Radius, VPN, Network Load Balancing
• Knowledge of the primary AWS services (VPC, EC2, ECS, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3).
• Experience implementing, managing and monitoring Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Call reporting and accounting, SIP, PRI and Video Conferencing
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments.
• Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills
• Experience managing data center operations, network performance tuning, monitoring, alerting and notifications.