Practice Director- Application Services (Consulting Practice)
With Sparkhound in Dallas TX USMore jobs from Sparkhound
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
.net, project-management, web-services
Are you a match? We have immediate need for an individual with a solution focused mindset to help our customers solve business challenges using technology. An ideal practice director is responsible for the direction, definition, oversight, coordination, development, and delivery of Sparkhound core services. If you have experience leading consulting teams in .NET development technologies and want to be a part of an energetic, innovative, and highly successful team, Sparkhound is interested in you joining their team.
We are looking for a Consulting Practice Director for our Applications Services practice, who has the following experiences:
- 10+ years of overall software experience; including expeirence leading a consulting practice or team (with P&L responsibility)
- 10+ years of experience .NET development technologies
- Familiarity with development operations (DevOps) practices and procedures, team development, and Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience creating and fostering a culture of innovation
- 10+ years of estimating solutions, both top down and bottoms up
- 5+ years of leading a team of various levels, including employee reviews and hiring
- Experience working with the Recruiting Team to build a pipeline of candidates, contractors and partners
- Understanding of a consulting sales pipeline and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with sales team resources to advance or close sales opportunities in the pipeline
- Proven ability to partner and support sales force and technical consultants, while leading the group toward a successful project by mitigating risks up front
- Proven ability to deliver budget, forecast and management reporting
- Accountability to the P&L of the practice
Professional Qualifications :
- Four-year degree (or work experience equivalent)
- MBA (recommended)
- 5 + years of project experience
- 5 + years of leadership experience
- Understanding of a consulting sales pipeline and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with sales team resources to advance or close sales opportunities in the pipeline.
- Proven ability to partner and support sales force and technical consultants, while leading the group toward a successful project by mitigating risks up front.
- Demonstrated sales experience to help drive business for practice area.
- Demonstrated expertise in management of .NET Practice teams. Includes all employee reviews and decisions to hire\terminate.
- Effective Coordination with General Manager to establish team goals and identify services for the company.
- Experience working with Human Resources to build a pipeline of candidates, contractors and partners.
- Proven ability to deliver budget, forecast and management reporting.
- Proven technical ability in several of the following roles:
- Client Application Development
- Service & Business Tier Development
- Data Tier Development
- Subject matter expert and serves as a SME within Sparkhound, the client and the community.
- Has knowledge of operational, resourcing, and financial forecasting of practices.
- Ability to capture customer scope and engagement requirements and develop Level of Effort, Proposal, or Statement of Work deliverables to support the sales process.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Sparkhound Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected characteristics.