Senior IT Systems Engineer
With Sparkhound in Houston TX USMore jobs from Sparkhound
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
azure, windows, amazon-web-services
Are you a match? We have an immediate need for a professional with a mindset to help our customers solve business challenges through the use of technology. The ideal consultant is an individual who wants to be part of an energetic, innovative and successful team. If you have a strong background in being a member of a team that leads enterprise-level planning and implementation projects, as well as, are a subject matter expert in Core Infrastructure capabilities, Sparkhound is interested in you joining our team.
As a Core Infrastructure Senior Consultant, you will:
- Lead the delivery of projects and solutions to completion in a team environment while demonstrating a consultative personality, leadership mindset, and collaborative communication style.
- Create customer branded solutions leveraging marketing assets that deliver an experience for end customers.
- Show an understanding of Information Security best practices.
- Demonstrate excellent team and customer service skills.
- Possess one or more advanced professional certifications related to chosen discipline (MCSE, MCSA, etc.).
- Possess a strong background in Enterprise-level architecture design and engineering of industry-standard (best-of-breed) core infrastructure technologies.
- Mentor and/or lead 1-2 teammates in the development of consultative and technical skills to maintain a customer delivery team.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Four-year degree (or work experience equivalent) and 7+ years of experience with a proven advanced skill-set and enterprise experience across various Microsoft and related technologies.
- Ability to understand the business needs and propose a technology solution that addresses the associated requirements.
- Proven ability to communicate at multiple levels from mid-size to enterprise-level organizations.
- Ability to work equally as effective independently or in a team environment.
- Assist the sales and consulting team in driving new opportunities and educating clients on applicable technology solutions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
Technical Qualifications: The ideal candidate will demonstrate skills and applicable experience in two or more of the following:
Microsoft System Center Suite:
- System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM)
- System Center Orchestrator (SCORCH)
- System Center Service Manager (SCSM)
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- System Center Data Protection Manager (SCDPM)
- Microsoft Mobility and Security (Intune)
Unified Communications & Collaboration:
- Office 365: Exchange Online, Lync Online, OneDrive for Business
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
- DirSync, Azure AD Sync, or Azure Connect
- Multi-Factor Authentication Technologies
- Exchange Server - 2010, 2013, 2016, or 2019
- Skype for Business
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager
- Microsoft Azure
- AWS – Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- VMWare ESXi
- Citrix Hypervisor
- VDI (VMWare, Microsoft, or Citrix)
General Microsoft Infrastructure Services:
- Active Directory Domain Services (ADDS)
- Windows Server Roles
- Active Directory Federation Services (ADDS)
- DirSync, Azure AD Sync, or Azure Connect
- Windows Clustering
- Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS)
- Direct Access
- Remote Desktop Services
- Microsoft Identity Manager 2015, 2016, or 2019
- Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Endpoint Management
- ADC and Gateway (NetScaler)
- Routing – ISR, ASR
- Switching – Meraki, Catalyst, Nexus,
- Firewalls – Meraki, ASA, Firepower
- Wireless – Meraki
?Bonus Points For:
- Microsoft Certified Solution Associate (MCSA)
- Experience with automation and scripting
- Microsoft Certified System Expert (MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Engineer
- VMWare Certified Professional (VCP)
- VMWare Certified Associate (VCA)
- Citrix CCA-V, CCP-V, CCE-V (Virtualization)
- Citrix CCA-N, CCP-N (Networking)
- Citrix CCP-M (Mobility)
Sparkhound Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected characteristics.