Senior Windows Engineer (Sint.Niklaas, BE)
With ST Engineering iDirect in Sint-Niklaas - BEMore jobs from ST Engineering iDirect
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Location options: Visa sponsor, Paid relocation
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Electronics, Satellite Communications, Telecommunications
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Private
windows, powershell, openstack, ansible, sysadmin
As our Senior Windows Engineer you will:
- create and optimize Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 images for deployment in a Private Cloud environment
- facilitate the scripted installation of SW components on top of a Windows virtual machine
- help keep Windows Server deployments up-to-date in complex, often airgapped environments
- cooperate with different teams during product validation and testing
To be successful in this Systems engineer / developer role you:
- have a can-do approach, excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills and a drive to automate all the things
- are experienced with unattended Windows configuration and deployment in a virtualized environment ( KVM or OpenStack)
- have a proven excellence in PowerShell
- have thorough knowledge of performance tweaking in Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016)
- are conversational in English, knowledge of Dutch is an asset
Experience with security configurations within Windows Server is a plus
Knowledge of tools such as Packer.io, Puppet, Ansible, PowerShell DSC is a plus
Once on board you will:
- be stimulated to participate in formal and on-the-job learning opportunities and have our backing to obtain certifications.
- have the opportunity to tailor our competitive compensation package to your specific transportation desires.
- join an innovation and people driven high-tech industry leader.
- impact the daily life of our end users and customers and feel the benefits of a lean organization. We pride ourselves on being a global family with limited organizational layers.