Service Delivery Engineer
With BigID in Raleigh NC USMore jobs from BigID
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
hadoop, sysadmin, security
You are self-motivated, technical, hands-on, and intellectually curious. The only thing you enjoy more than learning about new technologies and becoming an expert on them is teaching and mentoring others so that they too can become proficient and effective.
You are comfortable interacting with clients at all levels of the organization: from the hands-on engineers, DBAs, security and privacy professionals, to Chief Information Security Officers, Chief Privacy Officers, and Chief Data Officers. Knowing how to tailor your approach depending on the target audience, you can summarize and provide a relevant high-level overview to senior executives, while sharing a detailed technical explanation with technology practitioners.
About the role
This is a hands-on, client facing, services delivery lead role. You will be responsible for overseeing solution deployment and customer roll-out success for BigID implementation projects. Successful candidates will have prior experience in post-sales services, engineering or customer success roles. Prior software development or support experience with enterprise software is a strong plus.
This role will may require up to 75% travel within your local region.
What you will do
- Work closely with client stakeholders to determine technical requirements for specific business objectives at hand
- Plan implementation engagements, deploy solution components, and participate in the product configuration efforts in order to meet clients’ specific requirements
- Engage with multi-discipline internal and client teams to ensure smooth rollout of BigID solutions and successful integration within customers’ environments
- Deliver training for respective technologies at an applicable level of depth and detail for a given audience
- Work closely with our Engineering and Product Management teams to document product issues, enhancement requests raised in the field, and possible implementation flow improvements
Necessary prerequisites and skill
- 4 to 6+ years of professional experience in information technology, with at least 2 years in a customer-facing role – preferably involved in product implementation and hands-on technical activities within enterprise corporate environments
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, or other related technical disciplines. A graduate degree in a technical or business discipline is a strong plus. (Extensive professional experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree.)
- Meaningful experience with installation, configuration and management of Linux-based Operating Systems, including basic shell proficiency (bash, sh, ksh, tcsk, etc.), experience with package management systems (apt/dpkg, yum/rpm, etc.), file archiving tools (tar, gz, zip, bz2), remote access and file transfer protocols (SSH, SCP, SFTP/FTP), file sharing technology (NFS, CIFS/SMB), and authentication frameworks (LDAP, Kerberos)
- Basic experience with some RDBMS, such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database, PostgreSQL, MySQL/MariaDB, IBM DB2, etc.
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a methodical approach to issue resolution
- English fluency (written and spoken)
You will stand out as a candidate if you have
- More years of relevant professional experience
- Basic experience with container frameworks in general, and Docker in particular
- Meaningful experience with multiple RDBMS systems
- Hands-on experience with no-SQL data-stores (MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB) and/or Hadoop technologies (such HDFS, Hive, HBase, etc.)
- Experience implementing or supporting enterprise security product such as DLP, UEBD, SIEM, IAM, PIM, etc.
- Some background in application development with HTML5, JQuery, web services, etc.
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation - everyone shares in our success
- Open vacation policy - take it when you need it
- Flexible work arrangements - we are all grown-ups