Software Configuration Manager
With Tandem Diabetes Care in San Diego CA USMore jobs from Tandem Diabetes Care
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
continuous-integration, c#, .net
What you’ll be doing:
A highly skilled senior team leader responsible for application maintenance (i.e. software version control, defect tracking, program management and automated continuous integration and improvement applications). Upgrades and validates new versions of the process. Responds to user requests and gains consensus on changes prior to implementation. Prepares and releases validation documentation for changes to the applications. Identifies, troubleshoots and resolve OS or VM resource issues. Develops diagnostic monitoring tools for the environment. Works with DevOps on VM and virtual environment-related issues.
Who we are:
Here at Tandem, Diabetes is all we do and we are dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes better and better, through relentless innovation. “In Tandem” means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. We believe that working in tandem, not in isolation, is the best way to continually exceed expectations.
We’ve have been named one of the fastest growing insulin pump companies in the U.S! Why? Designed, assembled and supported from our San Diego, CA headquarters, Tandem has created the simple-to-use t:slim X2 Insulin Pump, which is the smallest pump available, the only color touch-screen insulin pump capable of remote feature updates, and the first CGM-enabled pump approved to let users make treatment decisions without pricking their finger.
Read more about our company & culture here: https://www.tandemdiabetes.com/careers/life-at-tandem and see what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
What you need for this position:
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages source code effectively using SCM best practices, such as branching, labeling, and configuration control.
- Provides user training on SCM tools, processes and procedures.
- Implements SCM tool customizations and automation of builds and deployments.
- Reviews current build and CI system; develops plan for enhancements and on-going improvements.
- Enforces and improves the Software Configuration Management Process.
- Assists product development engineers in the diagnosis and replication of build and deployment issues.
- Efficiently manages own time to complete work and associated paperwork by assigned completion dates.
- Estimates efforts for new project deliverables.
- Works as a contributing member of cross-functional teams as needed, working closely with R&D engineering, Technical Support and Quality Engineers to match software configuration processes with documented specification requirements.
- Keeps the department manager abreast of activities and issues of the software test group and informs appropriate groups of trends.
- Provides on-the-job training and direction to less experienced staff as assigned.
- Confirms completion of required training plan before assuming job responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Experience with Continuous Integration build environments with technologies such as Jenkins, TeamCity, Bamboo, Git/GitHub, TeamCity, JIRA, OctopusDeploy
- Experience with Kubernetes, Helm, and Azure Container Services (AKS)
- Experience with C#, .NET Framework and/or Node.JS
- Experience with Database CI/CD a plus
- Scripting skills
- Demonstrated ability to schedule and coordinate project priorities to produce high quality work.
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality work product without close supervision.
- Adept at seeing change as an opportunity to improve business performance and campaigning for it when necessary.
- Able to effectively convey information related to work product and lead group discussions.
- Able to assert own ideas and persuade others through effectively consolidating, evaluating, and presenting relevant information.
- Knowledge of Good Documentation Practices (GDP) preferred.
- Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Sciences or related field or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- Minimum experience:
- 5 plus years’ experience with software configuration or build management including compiling, linking, branching, merging and regression testing.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions; determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Works on issues of diverse scope which require evaluation of a variety of factors and an understanding of functional area objectives and trends.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may add to costs and impact the short-term goals of the organization.
?What’s in it for you?
We’ve got you covered. We offer a robust benefits package to support your health and your family. From medical, dental, and vision, to flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care – Tandem’s got you covered!
Stay well with us. Enjoy the outdoors during your workday by biking, running, or walking on one of our nearby trails. Or check out our offsite gym, which boasts luxurious amenities including specialty fitness classes and state-of-the-art equipment.
Invest in your career. Tandem offers all employees access to training and development programs and courses to help keep your career and skillset updated, not outdated.
Live your life. Relax with 20 days of paid time off and celebrate 10 paid holidays in your first year. Save for your future with a company-provided 401(k) plan. Look forward to saving money on tickets to the San Diego Zoo, movies, restaurants, and so much more with our exclusive employee discount program.
Celebrate in Tandem. Join in monthly employee get-togethers, tacos for Cinco de Mayo, corned beef for St. Patrick’s Day, costume-contest for Halloween, and the annual JDRF walk.