Software Deployment Engineer
With Sentient Energy in Dallas TX USMore jobs from Sentient Energy
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
amazon-web-services, linux, testing
Sentient Energy is a fast growing, top tier VC funded startup that has introduced a uniquely capable product to expand the visibility into critical operating conditions on the electric power grid. Global utilities already spend billions annually on distribution automation products, with strong growth expected over the next 5 years. Sentient Energy is positioned to capitalize on this trend and be a leader in the most rapidly growing sector of the Smart Grid.
Sentient Energy partners with utilities to make power delivery safe, reliable and solar ready. Our monitoring systems give utilities the ability to detect, predict and deliver unique and detailed insight into operating status and fault conditions along the entire distribution grid downstream from the substation. Deployed on top of utility Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) or Distribution Automation (DA) communications networks, our products leverage the foundational capital invested into the Smart Grid, making it more valuable and increasing Smart Grid investment returns.
Advertised is a full-time position in the Customer Success organization for a Software Deployment Engineer. Customer Success is the growth engine of account expansion working with customers through their lifecycle. The Team is responsible for product delivery and professional services to achieve customer adoption with implementation of Sentient Energy’s unique line of products into utility distribution networks and operations.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with emerging technologies in the rapidly developing and highly visibility SmartGrid space within the Green Energy sector. The innovation and creativity with which we develop and implement utility solutions are among the distinctions that make Sentient Energy the leader in Distribution Network sensing and monitoring.
Travel: Up to 25% to customer sites
The selected candidate will work across the with Sentient’s organization including engineering, product management and tiered support teams along with working with utilities customers to deploy deployment of integrated or stand-alone releases into production. This team member role is critical to the safety of the production environment and helps prevent the introduction of bad or untested code into production on which the organization's internal and external Customers depend. Deployment Engineer support the mission to continually lead, facilitate, and coordinate synchronized releases by using the program to maximize value delivered to their program Customers.
Specific functions include:
· Responsible for installation, configuration, integration and testing of enterprise software for customer test and production environments
· Work with cross-functional team to develop deployment specifications, configurations and quality controls.
· Work with Software Engineering, DevOps and QA teams through the development cycle including training on new releases and drive customer deployment readiness to meet quality standards for the platforms.
· Support customer architecture design process
· Assist in developing customer deployment plan including software deployment checklists and quality controls.
· Assist in deployment support documentations for customers.
· Document system installation and handover to Tiered Support team.
· implement configuration requests; install software updates, patches and change requests.
· Responsible for managing the AWS (Amazon Web Services) platform
· Responsible for customer platform managed service for customer environments
· Responsible platform tools and requirements to Development Engineering
· Analyze and troubleshoot customer deployment and platform issues in a timely manner
· Assist and support customer system integration as needed.
· Develop scripts for customer support function as needed
· Attend trainings related to company’s deployment procedures and standards.
· Recommend process improvements to ensure system deployment, scalability and reliability.
· Ensure customer satisfaction through exceptional customer experience in deployment, support & troubleshooting
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
· Cross-platform experience and the expertise to identify and resolve integration issues
· Knowledge of system level and integration level testing
· Strong quality assurance background
· Excellent understanding of the continuous integration practice
· Proficiency in specifying and implementing testing and production environment infrastructure
· Expertise with automated testing products, including how to set up automated testing, how to script automated tests, how to create automated regression test suites, and how to troubleshoot automated testing issues
· Understanding of the Release and Deployment Management process specified by the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) process at the Foundation level
· Proficiency with the following technologies:
o Unix system operation and administration
o Linux administration
o RedHat and CentOS operating systems
o Telecommunication protocols
o Networking, TCP/IP routing
o Percona and SQL databases
o Scripting – Perl, Python, Shell
· Ability to work well with others on a team
· Experience working in a DevOps, continuous delivery environment
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential
· Multi –tasker and creative Problem-Solving abilities
· Willingness to learn new technologies
· Self-Starter with the ability to work pro – actively
· Responsible and dependable
· Willingness and flexibility to travel abroad
· Good team player
· Excellent attention to detail
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong English written and oral communication skills
· Ability to create and maintain excellent relationships with internal and external customers
· Innovation and creativity of design and implementation
· A passion for alternative energy solutions and the application of advanced technologies for a better future
· Bachelor of Science or Masters (preferred) in computer science or engineering or a closely related field or equivalent experience.
· Certifications – AWS, RedHat, Linux, ITIL
· Energetic, curious, resourceful, highly creative and self-motivated.
· Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
· Strong interpersonal skills: the ability to work effectively within a dynamic organization
· Excellent autonomous problem solving ability.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to continuously exhibit the highest levels of professional discretion as a technical representative of Sentient Energy.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Demonstrated self-starter with an ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
· Compliance to Company Policies and Procedures, and its Core Values
Competitive salary and bonuses, generous options grants, paid vacation, paid holidays, medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) Plan.