Software Engineer Data Processing & Sensor Technology
With AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH in Wien - ATMore jobs from AIT Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH
Posted on November 08, 2019
About this job
Compensation: €46k - 55k
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Industry: Academic Research, Agile Software Development, Machine Learning
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
c++, python, c#, ffmpeg, tensorflow
IMAGINE - What you will work on:
- The aim of AIT’s Transport Infrastructure team is to develop solutions for tomorrow's mobility.
- You will develop software and configure new measuring systems for monitoring systems used in research (e.g. video systems/laser scanners for our high-performance measurement vehicle RoadSTAR) and conduct in-depth data analyses with the data obtained.
ENGAGE - Your day-to-day work
- You implement high performance data processing applications which are used by our researchers to produce data products ranging from road infrastructure assessment to simulation data.
- Develop technologies like the measurement of data acquisition and the creation of automated evaluation algorithms.
- Maintain, adapt and develop existing software applications in the areas of computer vision, machine learning and remote sensing machine learning (e.g. privacy blurring of street level view data using tensorflow).
- You will be responsible for selecting the suitable tools (IDEs, libraries, programming languages etc) and the software engineering technologies we will use.
- Perform complex data analyses & develop algorithms for the further processing of laser scanning and photogrammetry data used by our clients (e.g. to improve road infrastructure and avoid accidents).
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies in the field of remote sensing.
- You are responsible to keeping to the best & latest software practices: Automated Testing, Continuous Integration, Code review
ACHIEVE - Your contribution
- While working in close cooperation with national and international partners and customers, you will successfully put your innovative solutions in practice - Moreover, you will expand your network and gain international visibility.
TECHNOLOGIES you will work with:
- Programming Languages: Python, Java, C, C++ (C++11/14/17), C#
- Software Engineering Principles: SOLID, CI/CD, Automated Testing
- Machine Learning: tensorflow, CUDA
- Multimedia: FFmpeg, opencv
- Operating systems: Windows, Linux system administration
- Technical degree (University/ University of Applied Science; Informatica/ Electrical Engineering/Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent) or similar.
- Programming languages: good knowledge of Python and another language: e.g. C, C++, Java.
- Operating systems: Windows, good Linux knowledge
- Experience in handling and implementation of software projects - Knowledge in the implementation of software engineering principals (SOLID, CI/CD, Automated Testing)
- Ideally, basic knowledge of electronics and communications engineering
- Independent, structured and solution-oriented work - high degree of self-organisation
- Willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams, enjoy communication and ongoing exchange with colleagues*.
- Good knowledge of German and English (spoken and written)
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE WITH US?
Then please send us your application documents online, via: https://jobs.ait.ac.at/Job/119622