Software Systems Manager
With Independence Realty Trust Inc (IRT) in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from Independence Realty Trust Inc (IRT)
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sql, sysadmin, testing
Independence Realty Trust (IRT - NYSE) seeks a Software Systems Manager. IRT currently owns and operates 60 Class A and Class B multi-family communities, 17,000 units, through the Midwest, South and Southeast. This role will be based in our downtown Philadelphia, PA corporate office.
Reporting to the Director of Software Systems, the Software Systems Manager will oversee our in-house software support helpdesk team. This role requires the Software Support Manager to become an in-house subject matter expert on the organization’s business systems, while also being customer service driven, highly responsive and professional in all interactions with the organization’s employees and vendors. The ideal candidate will be a productive, goal-oriented self-starter, a strong team collaborator, and a superior manager.
This role will be largely focused on supporting the organization’s YARDI platform, which includes Voyager 7s, Voyager Plus / CRM, Yardi Rentcafe, and YARDI Modules, such as Residential / Multi-Family, Fixed Assets, Construction, Maintenance, PayScan, and OrionBI. Tasks include pro-actively maintaining and updating all components of our business systems, performing advanced administrative tasks, and handling user-submitted support tickets. Additionally, this role will have project management and support responsibilities related to the organization’s on-going technology initiatives, including custom business software developed in-house.
- Act as a subject matter expert related to IRT’s business systems, including becoming knowledgeable with company-specific property management and accounting business procedures and needs.
- Oversee IRT’s software help-desk team and all help-desk related functions.
- Monitor and ensure the department’s on-going SOX compliance by adhering to the organization’s change management processes, as well all other defined procedures and standards.
- Run daily stand-up team meetings.
- Properly traffic, prioritize and route requests to the appropriate internal or external resources and maintain responsibility of delegated tasks by following up with the assigned resources.
- Ensure that all requests are documented within the organization’s help desk ticketing system.
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution in-person and via e-mail, phone and other electronic medium.
- Develop and deliver satisfactory resolutions via clear and detailed written and/or verbal directions, ensuring that all resolutions are documented in the organization’s help desk ticketing system.
- Act as an escalation point for other help-desk team members, by performing advanced troubleshooting and managing escalation to the related vendor when appropriate.
- Perform advanced administrative tasks, such as configuring interfaces, scheduled tasks, and ETLs.
- Create and execute ad-hoc SQL queries for one off requests from within the organization.
- Create and update SSRS and Crystal Reports.
- Perform administrative tasks related to property acquisitions and dispositions, such as Yardi-to-Yardi migrations and ETLs.
- Create and manage a schedule for regularly upgrading our business system software. Test and lead testing efforts related to new functionality, new modules, and upgrades to existing modules including creating test plans, test cases, and working to ensure the requirements fulfill the needs of all stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate potential system, process and training improvements that will drive increased user adoption, improved user satisfaction and overall data integrity.
- Develop and write clear and concise functional specifications to document requested system improvements, fixes or customizations.
- Develop and deliver training related to specific software applications and business processes, including the preparation and maintenance of training materials, training exercises and test data.
- Continually look for ways to leverage Yardi’s capabilities to improve efficiency through training, workflow, automation and process improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience mentoring, supervising, or managing a team of technology professionals.
- Experience in a customer facing position, preferably in a helpdesk role supporting business software applications.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to independently manage one’s own time against individual objectives and goals.
- Experience in managing and administering business software applications.
- Strong technical analytic skills for problem solving and troubleshooting business software applications.
- Experience presenting in front of groups of people and delivering training, both in person and online.
- Experience reading financial statements and an understanding of the following business functions:
- Basic Residential Lease workflow and administration (Preferred)
- Basic bookkeeping (i.e. General Ledger postings, AP processing, AR processing)
- Basic purchasing (i.e. purchase orders, receipts, invoices, approval workflows)
- Proficiency with Microsoft office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Expert-level proficiency with Yardi Voyager 7S, Yardi CRM, and Yardi RentCafe.
- Proficiency with SQL and SSRS.
- Ability to travel overnight, up to 10%.
- Willingness and ability to learn and research independently.
Independence Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classes.