With Victra - Verizon Authorized Retailer in Raleigh NC USMore jobs from Victra - Verizon Authorized Retailer
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sql, sysadmin, sql-server
The SQL Developer focuses on maximum uptime and operation of Microsoft SQL database as well as developing and optimizing views, functions and complex queries. The position may require after hours or weekend work to maintain maximum uptime.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Modify and optimize database schemas, procedures and SQL queries.
- Analyzing, troubleshooting, and resolving data issues.
- Understanding of 3rd party software APIs in order to integrate them with your solutions.
- Working closely with business stakeholders and assist with data analysis with regard to SQL.
- Identifies database requirements by analyzing usage, development needs and systems capacities.
- Identifies and proposes database system improvements and changes.
- Maintains database performance, availability and capacity planning to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Maintains database backups in accordance with policy and best practices.
- Works with Software Development team and Systems Administration to ensure all new and existing applications and virtual machines are properly maintained and supported.
- Builds and executes data queries for business partners.
- Implements systems changes, upgrades, and modifications according to business needs.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline required.
- 3+ years experiencing in Developing in SQL
- 3+ years of experience as a SQL Server DBA
- 3+ years of experience with Windows server, including Active Directory
- MCSA: SQL Database Administration Preferred
- Team player
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status.Different makes us better.