Sql Server Database Administrator
With Ambient Consulting in Minneapolis MN USMore jobs from Ambient Consulting
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: Database Administrator, System Administrator
sql, sql-server, sysadmin
When Ambient Consulting was founded in 2001, we started with a simple idea: placing talented consultants to work in collaboration with our distinguished Clients. We have continued to hire accomplished individuals and foster relationships with technology leaders at companies located in Minnesota, consistently ranking us in the Top 12 Largest IT Consulting Firms in the Twin Cities by The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal.
Today, Ambient provides resources for both supplemental staffing and project needs in the following competencies: • Business Systems Consulting • Application Solutions • Quality Assurance and Testing • Digital/Creative • Information Management • Infrastructure
Working with multiple Fortune 500 companies across a variety of industries, Ambient has the ability to find the right cultural fit, no matter the skillset. Ambient’s Clients include the following industries:
Find your next job with Ambient Consulting!
Client : West Metro, MN
Title: SQL DBA
Durration: 6-9 month contract
Seeking a mid level SQL DBA; must have SQL Server experience, and Postgres is nice to have.
- Install, configure, and maintain SQL Servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Manage SQL Server databases in multiple environments, from development, staging, to mission-critical production systems.
- Implements automated database maintenance plans and backup routines using best practices and tools including indexing, integrity and consistency checks, etc.
- Assist developers with database design, modeling, query tuning and schema refinement.
- Support development release deployments and production support requests.
- Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Participate in 24x7 coverage of your area of responsibility. Will require occasional after-hours work and after-hours on-call duties, including scheduled and unscheduled disaster recovery events.
Must have skillsets:
- 3+ years DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2012 or newer) in a production environment
- 3+ years of experience configuring, implementing and supporting large highly available SQL Server environments, including experience with Failover Clusters, log-shipping, and Availability Groups
- 3+ years of experience with SQL Server troubleshooting; ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve live database systems issues.
- Microsoft SQL Server
- SSMS, SSRS, SSAS
· Continuous education and support: Paid training/certification(s) reimbursement up to $750
· Company sponsored happy hours, user groups, lunch and learns
· Comprehensive health/dental/vision insurance
· Free life insurance up to twice your hourly rate
· Free short term/long term disability care insurance
· Little to no travel required
AMBIENT CONSULTING TERMS:
· Consultants can work with Ambient as a direct W2 employee or as a Corp/1099 set up
· Unfortunately, we do not sponsor H1B visas at this time.