With Anaconda, Inc. in Austin TX USMore jobs from Anaconda, Inc.
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
python, hadoop, docker
Help Us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the creator of the world’s most popular Python data science platform. With more than 13 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. Anaconda Enterprise allows organizations to collaborate, govern and deploy their Python and R data science in enterprise data centers and clouds. Customers include leading companies from the banking and financial services, energy, auto, technology, and healthcare industries.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise AI, machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture that is both relaxed and focused, and we stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open source users, and each other. Our primary employee perk is that we are actively working on projects that have a global impact, whether it's detecting fraud in the financial markets, accelerating cancer research, or fighting human trafficking and terrorism.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Support Engineer to support our Anaconda Platform suite of products. This candidate will join our rapidly growing company as part of our global support team and leverage his or her skills with a passion for creating a unique culture while gaining new skills in the world of data science and analytics.
What You’ll Do:
- Solve complex support tickets for Enterprise customers, often involving multiple operating systems and server-side web application issues
- Develop a high level of expertise with our Enterprise products
- Debug application exceptions, discuss feature requests and report product defects
- Support customer proof of concepts and production deployments via email and WebEx
- Transfer required product knowledge to customer IT teams
- Provide regular product feedback to internal engineering teams
- Effectively communicate technical information to customers and developers
- Develop expertise in technologies related to our Enterprise products, such as LDAP, Kerberos, and Hadoop
- Work proactively with customers on activities such as coordinating upgrades, communicating upcoming features, and troubleshooting customer environments
- Identify and document bugs and feature requests on behalf of our Enterprise customers
- Create and publish knowledge base articles on subjects that would provide customers with the tools they need to resolve issues on their own
- Perform other related duties as assigned
What You Need:
- Minimum 2 years of relevant technical experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a desire to seek the root cause of an issue
- Deep Linux system administration knowledge
- Command-line knowledge with multiple operating systems such as Linux, macOS, and Windows
- Hands-on experience with at least one scripting language
- Ability to look through and understand code exceptions in Python
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and debugging applications in diverse environments
- Experience working with complex networking environments (firewalls, subnets, NAT, VPN, SSL, proxies)
- High level of comfort working directly with customers
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers (written and verbal) in a technology support context
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams (sales, engineering, product, etc..)
- Desire to contribute to technical documentation, FAQs, Troubleshooting Guides, feature specifications, bug reports, etc..
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related field
- Hands-on Kubernetes and Docker experience
- LDAP or Active Directory experience
- Cloud and VM deployment experience (AWS, OpenStack, VMWare, Vagrant, Docker)
- Big Data (Hadoop/Spark/Hive) experience
- Experience working with enterprise customer accounts and developers
- Deep curiosity and a passion for helping people
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- A dynamic company that rewards high-performers
- Be on the cutting edge of new technologies and services
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and fresh thinking
- Employees First culture
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Casual dress code
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K
- Pre IPO Stock options
- Unlimited Vacation!
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.