With The Tile Shop in Minneapolis MN USMore jobs from The Tile Shop
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, windows, powershell
THE TILE SHOP is seeking an experienced Systems Administrator who is eager to use and grow his or her technological skills on a wide scale stage. In this role, the successful individual will protect our critical information, systems, and assets, build solutions, implement new software and hardware, provide training, and assist in the development of an overall IT strategy. From early on, you’ll help empower our breakthrough innovations, be given challenging assignments, lead initiatives, and take ownership and responsibility. And, you’ll receive world-class training to help you become a leader in your field. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about applying their skills to a technology-based business model that creates real-world solutions for the world.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support and Systems Development staff to assist with work Set up accounts and workstations
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies and writing intricate system and user documentation
- Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter
- Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
- Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
- Create and verify backups of data
- Respond to and resolve help desk requests
- Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
- Administrate infrastructure, including firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other processes
- Review application logs, Troubleshoot issues and outages, Troubleshoot issues and outages, Troubleshoot issues and outages, Install and test computer-related equipment
- Establishes, maintains and manages users Unix accounts. Installs, modifies and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Willing to work in after-hours call rotation (Tier 1 on-call support experience)
- Availability for emergency support
Skills and qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience in system administration as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline; professional certifications:
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA)
- VMware Certified Professional - Data Center Virtualization (VCP-DCV)) is a plus
- Citrix certifications CCA-V (Optional)
- SAP BASIS (Optional)
- Supporting and preserving the Virtual Desktop setup of the institution, which includes the AppSense and XenDesktop, XenApp, and others.
- Experience designing, implementing, managing and migrating VDI environments using Citrix technologies
- Experience implementing, deploying and supporting Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix Provisioning Services (Optional Citrix certifications CCA-V)
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication, expert experience with Windows Server and Active Directory including Local and Group Policy, Security hardening and Remediation
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN ,TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LDAP) and solid understanding of SCCM, WSUS, and Windows patching processes and management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Expert knowledge scripting in PowerShell, or other languages
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude, Excellent communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Expertise in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Experience in project management, application design and integration, and cloud computing (specifically AWS)
- Experience with Exchange services, enterprise archiving (Optional experience with migration to O365)
- 5+ years’ experience in Microsoft Windows Server and Exchange 2010/2016/Exchange Online administration.
- Utilize PowerShell to manage Exchange
If you are ready to learn and grow with an AMAZING TEAM this opportunity is for you! APPLY NOW!
The Tile Shop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.