With American Board of Internal Medicine in Philadelphia PA USMore jobs from American Board of Internal Medicine
Posted on November 07, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: System Administrator
sysadmin, networking, design
The American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join its IT Operations team. In this role, the Systems Engineer is responsible for providing helpdesk & infrastructure support to ABIM’s users & systems. This includes new user setups and ABIM’s core application support of Microsoft Office Suite. This position will also perform day to day infrastructure support, design & planning. In addition, this role will be given specialized responsibilities to various IT Infrastructure technologies listed below.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Operations, the Systems Engineer has the following primary responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot workstation, server and application related problems.
- Maintain and monitor critical devices/services to keep them operational.
- Set up users’ workstations, install network software and support third party software.
- Configure and install Microsoft servers.
- Manage, configure, and install SAN Storage.
- Manage, Configure, and support our Cisco Networking & Security
- Manage, configure, and support our VMware infrastructure.
- Design VMware infrastructure to support our server needs. Continuously Monitor Vmotion & DRS utilization.
- Research & design new technologies to enhance our productivity.
- Perform and/or direct software/hardware installations upgrades on workstations/servers.
- Execute application installation and upgrades and provide desktop end-user support.
- Monitor server resources capacity and identify concerns to management.
- Provide access to network resources. Enforce LAN security. Maintain user IDs and user groups.
- Maintain proper documentation and equipment inventory control system.
- Required on-call rotation.
The ideal candidate has an undergraduate degree in computer sciences or related field with at least five years of system administration experience, providing full administrative services in a production environment. Microsoft Certified Professional preferred. S/he should have a working knowledge of the following applicable networking products and applicable desktop applications: majority of Microsoft applications & operating systems, antivirus technologies, VMware, HPe Nimble SAN Storage, and Cisco Routing & Switching.
The successful incumbent will have strong analytical skills and is capable of working autonomously, the ability to lift at least 20lbs is also required. A person with the desire and proven acumen to proactively anticipate problems and recommend solutions will flourish in this role.
* * *
At the American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM), our team of unique and talented professionals, and the inspiring work they do, are essential to meeting the needs and expectations of ABIM’s diverse community of physicians.
ABIM is like no other workplace, and we are proud of it. We are committed to recognizing the importance of our people by investing in their lives through ongoing learning opportunities and exceptional total compensation & benefit offerings.
We look forward to learning more about your interest in joining our team. Apply online, or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE