Senior Security Engineer
With HealthStream, Inc. in Nashville TN USMore jobs from HealthStream, Inc.
Posted on November 11, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Healthcare, Information Technology, Workforce Development
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: Public
security, windows, sysadmin
Working as part of the security team that is responsible for cyber-security and risk management across the organization, reporting to the Information Systems Security Manager, the Senior Security Engineer will be responsible for identifying and assessing both internal and external threats to the enterprise. This position also monitors the network for malicious activity, assists in investigating intrusions and other security related events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participating as a member of the Information Security Team.
- Assessing vulnerabilities of the network and applications on the network.
- Analyzing security alerts to determine root cause.
- Performs daily security monitoring to help ensure that the enterprise is able to provide system and data Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability in support of internal and external customers.
- Investigate major cyber threats while establishing procedures and processes that support the IT security infrastructure and operations.
1. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5+ years’ direct experience working in the Information Security field with experience in two of the following:
- Windows Server
- Linux Server
- Windows 10.
- Familiarity with SIEM technologies.
- Exposure to scripting languages.
- Monitoring for threats utilizing logs and reports from various security tools.
- Experience performing analysis of log files from a variety of sources, to include Firewall, host and server logs.
- Strong understanding of IT controls, vulnerabilities, and systems management.
- Strong understanding of general controls and related control validation and testing processes and accepted procedures.
- Experience with tools like Tenable and Forescout
- Familiarity with identity governance tools and processes
2. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Logical thinking and analytical ability.
- Aptitude in solving problems independently and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communications
3. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Support the mission and goals of the company.
- Demonstrate integrity and strong ethical standards.
- Experience with multiple computer systems and programs.
- Sound decision-making ability.
- Solves problems proactively.
- Committed to learning better and more efficient ways to accomplish tasks.
HealthStream is an equal opportunity employer. HealthStream prohibits employment practices that discriminate against individual employees or groups of employees on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or federal law.