Senior QA System Engineer
With Apple in Shenzhen - CNMore jobs from Apple
Posted on November 19, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: QA/Test Developer, System Administrator
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Can you imagine what you could do here? At Beats by Dre, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Beats Engineering is looking for a highly-motivated senior engineer to drive our cross functional testing efforts in improving system across all of Beats’ family of products. Quality is crucial to the Beats headphones/speaker product experience; in this key role you'll have responsibilities throughout the System, from undertaking investigations into architectural improvements, to driving general analysis, and debugging and resolving individual issues.
A successful candidate will combine strong technical and analytical abilities with excellent communication skills. In a highly cross-functional role, he or she will collaborate with hardware, firmware, and software developers in a wide range of disciplines in analyzing system issues at the highest level down to the lowest levels of the system, identifying bottlenecks, debugging issues, and tuning the software prior to implementing and evangelizing improvements and solutions. Develop test plans and test infrastructure/tools Promote ongoing performance improvements and maintain the system performance models.
Skills & requirements
- Strong Technical Understanding and Experience of Bluetooth Classic and Bluetooth Low Energy specifications is preferred.
- Strong Technical Understanding and Experience of Bluetooth Profiles (HFP, A2DP, AVRCP, GATT based profiles) is preferred.
- Strong Technical Understanding and Experience with WiFi (802.11xx).
- Strong understanding of the software development process
- Strong technical understanding of operating systems and how the various layers in the software stack fit together
- Experience in developing System test plans
- Working knowledge of UN*X-based systems and command-line tools for debugging, analysis and automation.
- Experience with and working knowledge of Bluetooth over-the-air sniffers, including Frontline and Ellisys.
- Exposure to one or more scripting languages: e.g., Python, Perl.
- Experience writing Python scripting is a plus.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Possess a deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.