AVP Sr. Software Engineer - OZK Labs #7100
With OZK Labs in St. Petersburg FL USMore jobs from OZK Labs
Posted on November 26, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Banking, Financial Technology, Software Development / Engineering
Company size: 11–50 people
Company type: Public
Job Purpose and Scope:
OZK Labs is the entrepreneurial heart of Bank OZK located at the center of the Innovation District in Downtown St. Petersburg, FL. We lead the digital transformation of community banking to deliver financial services that positively impact the lives of our customers.
AVP Senior Software Engineer is a key contributor to OZK Labs software applications, architecture and coding practices. Ideal candidate would be knowledgeable in modern technologies used to develop web and mobile applications and serve as a mentor and technical leader for the engineering team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Designs, develops and maintains software applications by following coding standards and best practices. Builds appropriate unit tests, integration tests and deployment scripts.
- Contributes to application architecture, coding practices, infrastructure, and delivery process.
- Stays up-to-date with the latest technologies, best practices, and architecture patters; provides technical leadership to the team.
- Assists team members with complex engineering challenges; contributes to growth of other engineers.
- Works in an agile development environment, collaborating successfully with product managers and other engineers.
- Contributes to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to OZK Labs applications and processes.
- Handles a variety of assignments and interact with all levels of management.
- Produces accurate, thorough and timely work, while meeting commitments and following policies and procedures.
- Completes training as needed.
- Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in the performance of essential job functions.
- Maintains good punctuality and attendance to work.
- Follows Bank policy, practice and procedure.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of and experience in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies.
- Ability to provide technical leadership to the team and contribute to engineering best practices.
- Ability to mentor other engineers and contribute to their growth.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, including presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and team player approach, capable of thriving in a continually changing environment.
- Ability to demonstrate effective organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment delivering quality work on time.
- Ability to form relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
Equipment Used in Job Performance/Working Environment:
- Multi-function device
Major Job Demands (Physical/Mental):
- Bachelor degree, preferably in engineering, or commensurate work experience, required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in software engineering required.