DIGITAL PLATFORM ENGINEER (WITHIN HR OR BI/ANALYTICS)
With IKEA in Helsingborg - SEMore jobs from IKEA
Posted on November 26, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cloud-Based Solutions, Data & Analytics, eCommerce
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Private
paas, gcp, saas
WHO YOU ARE
With a passion for technology, you always strive to make platforms fit for purpose, including phase-out. With an ability to work agile and by being open to change you are motivated to keep learning and forget the obsolete. You appreciate the mix of strategic thinking and turning architectural trends and requirements into practice as well as working both independently, interdependently and cross functions. You naturally share and live the IKEA culture and values in your everyday work.
- You will be part of the journey to become a data driven company where data is available for analytics and fast decision making, by the many co-workers in the organization.
- You have proven training in information, computer science or equivalent. You are also experienced with the agile principles, CI/CD and DevOps practices. Experience in working as software engineer or technology architect will be a plus for the position as well as managing operations and on-going maintenance of systems /solutions.
- BI Platform specifics:
- You have knowledge and experience with platforms like PowerBI, QlikSense, Tableau, Planning Analytics, Cognos Analytics and other similar tools. Platform architecture and administration experience is a plus for this position.
- As a person you have the ability to achieve tasks by using your own judgement without support, to deal with ambiguity and to work with changing priorities. Providing guidance to both in-house and third party teams, with deliverance of good attention and focus to detail, comes naturally to you. You enjoy troubleshooting with analytical abilities and problem-solving thinking and you achieve complex resolution issues with support to understand the complexity of IKEA business. You also understand the role of technology as an integrated part of the business.
HR Platform Role specifics:
You will be a critical team member to implement a new HR Core Solution for Ingka Globally and contribute to a new HR Digital Landscape.
BI Platform specifics:
You will be a deliver-focused and innovate member of the Platform team, able to work across BI and Analytics platforms.
Knowledge and responsibilities that applies for these platform areas:
As the Digital Platform Engineer you will manage and build frameworks, as well as designing how these frameworks tie together to construct a platform that applications and ultimately products can be built on.
• Creating efficient integrations to SaaS, PaaS, On Prem, GCP, Azure and other cloud providers
• Creating automated monitoring solutions for the platforms
• Creating solutions that gather data and publish them in an automated way
• Creating framework for automated deployments and test
• Creating best practice framework to enable speed and flexibility for applications and products
• Support in platform related questions and best practices
• Building and upgrading platforms, on both cloud and on prem
• Support in operations
• Work with different aspects of a specific or a set of digital platforms including front end, content delivery and scalability, Cloud services, Business logic, physical databases and security
• Contribute to efficient communication with various teams and provide appropriate technical support to teams working on different platforms and products
• Provide input into important engineering decisions and work to balance numerous non-engineering factors with technical considerations
• Continuously measure and optimize the performance, effectiveness and uptime of backend services - participated in a data driven culture
• Support the common Group Digital site on standards and methods when necessary to ensure alignment across the Group Digital
• Work across initiatives within INGKA Group, steering solutions towards the correct architecture
• Understanding of the cost drivers in systems delivery and operations and the commercial consequences of the technical decisions made
• Good written and verbal communication skills
In this role you will report to the Platform Engineering Manager.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
We set the digital agenda to keep IKEA leading in an uncertain and fast moving environment. We drive the development, provision and operation of our digital products and services through the use of new and existing technology and agile delivery methods to deliver at pace.
- At the same time, we provide a home for digital skills to both develop and extend the technical, people and business skills needed to ensure continuous development and growth of our digital capability.
- Platform Area Business Operations - we aim to simplify business operations by enabling effciency, speed, flexibility, fast decision-making to increase co-workers satisfaction.
- For this role we have several open positions. This role is located in Helsingborg.
QUESTIONS AND SUPPORT? LET'S CONNECT!
Welcome with your application! If you have any question regarding the positions please do not hesitate to contact hiring manager:
If you have questions regarding the recruitment process or other practicalities, please get in touch with Ami Ka-Ling Hui at email@example.com.
Please note that we will be interviewing continuously. Due to Christmas / New Year holiday, it might take a bit longer time for us to get back to you. We look forward to hearing from you!