Principal Cloud Engineer (Commercial)
With Sainsbury's DTD in London - GBMore jobs from Sainsbury's DTD
Posted on November 25, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Senior, Lead
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Food & Beverage
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
cloud, amazon-web-services, python, kubernetes, linux
The big question: why on earth should a Tech professional like you work for a 150-year-old retail chain? Because we’re on a journey. Changing the way we operate. Learning to think nimble. Giving our teams the time and freedom they need to push boundaries. To create amazing systems and technologies. To give our colleagues and our customers even more incredible experiences.
There are thousands of experts to talk to and learn from. We’ve got data from billions of transactions for our teams to play with. Things get built here. They get made here. They hit customers and colleagues quickly. Welcome to the home of Sainsbury's Tech.
More about the role:
- Follow a ‘you build it you own it’ paradigm including on call rota.
- Use infrastructure as code and reusable components following our standards and streamlining support.
- Work on building greenfield services or vendor provided COTs solutions in the cloud.
- Represent our values and cloud engineering guild processes in the products you work into.
- Actively drive all aspects of the design of a service and its infrastructure.
- Engage in the family’s cloud engineering guild and contribute processes, knowledge, components and tools and evangelise for their adoption across the family and the wider D&T.
What we’re looking for:
- Showcase expertise in AWS and how cloud components work together to create HA, resilient, secure, reliable and cost-efficient services.
- Great experience with IaC tools like Terraform, Ansible, the AWS API, Kubernetes and CI/CD pipelines.
- Great understanding of all aspects of Linux, Networking and best security practices.
- An automation data driven mindset and knowledge of any programming/scripting (Shell, Go, Python, Ruby).
- You strive to keep on top of advancements in the Cloud, DevOps tooling and automation and teach others about them.
- Mentor other cloud engineers and help upskill them and improve their knowledge while at the same time driving their career progression.
In return you’ll get:
- Colleague discount across the multi-brands – Sainsbury’s, Argos and Habitat
- Holiday allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Pension plan
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
Flexible working and job share conversations are encouraged. Across our multi-brands, we’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer that champions a diverse and inclusive culture. If you’re reading this, even if you’re not 100% sure you’re there with your experience, we’d still love to hear from you. If you’d like to find out more head to Sainsbury's Tech