With Ultimate Software in New York NY USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on November 26, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Junior, Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Private
tcp-ip, http, sftp, dns, python
The Integration Specialist is part of the PeopleDoc US Operations team based in NYC. (Ultimate Software acquired PeopleDoc in July 2018 and is officially under the same umbrella as of January 2019). The integration specialist is responsible for providing Level 2 Technical Support to our customers. Integration Specialists are a key member of Global Customer Care Team and the go-to person for Level 2 Support for all advance technical troubleshooting. The Integration Specialists play an important role by liaising between Product R&D, Product Management, Implementation team, Customer Care, and Level 1 Support team globally.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
You will join a high performing, fast-paced and quite fun team committed to solving complex issues, learning and improving constantly, both personally and technically.
This position will provide the opportunity to work autonomously on our internal Saas solutions. And of course, a lot of room to grow your skills and experience along with the company!
The ideal candidate for this role will have deep understanding of SaaS environments and appreciation of Uptime and Service Level Agreements (SLA). He/she will come from a tech and/or internet-based environment with deep understanding of production environments, and dealing with sensitive data, as well as high client service standards. The candidate must be organized and have a high risk consideration of implications of any changes made on the systems.
We are looking for different areas of expertise:
- Bug analysis: Qualify and analyze issues from Level 1 support and escalate to Product R&D and Product Management
- Incident management: Address system alerts in a timely manner in order to ensure that Service Level Agreements are adhered to
- Administrative tasks : Execute and industrialize some administrative tasks to meet customer needs
- Integration projects: Be responsible for setting up systems to integrate with client systems (data feed, HRIS integration, data orchestration, data ingestion…)
If you have proven experience in one of these areas and want to develop new skills in the others, we'd like to offer you the opportunity to grow within our team!
What you bring to the table:
- Your organizational skills and your curious mindset
- Experience in troubleshooting issues / IT development knowledge
- Ability to create and manage documentation
- Working knowledge of Linux and understanding of Linux-based software stacks
- Knowledge of monitoring technologies (Datadog, Sentry, ...)
- Significant experience in basic networking protocols, including TCP/IP, HTTP, SFTP, DNS
- Python scripting experience is a plus
- APIs experience is a plus
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Manager will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.