With HealthStream, Inc. in Nashville TN USMore jobs from HealthStream, Inc.
Posted on November 26, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: QA/Test Developer, System Administrator
Industry: Healthcare, Information Technology, Workforce Development
Company size: 501–1k people
Company type: Public
automation, design, qa, sysadmin
Responsible for software builds and releases. Responsible for the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking. Works closely with development and quality assurance team to ensure final version is up to organizational standards. Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager. Typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, document, implement, and maintain scripts to enhance current build/release processes.
- Support the daily build and release needs of agile scrum teams
- Investigating tools and processes and integrating them so that they can improve the reliability,
- Stability and efficiency with which we release our services.
- Proactive and self-motivated – willing to improve on existing processes to allow for faster
- Work with cross functional team members on resolving build & deployment issues
- Assist in the maintenance and administration of build/release systems
1. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Technology or equivalent experience.
- Have a very good understanding of process automation and software delivery automation through a DevOps CI/CD pipeline that delivers significant business value and enables efficiency in delivering high quality products.
- Experience in tools automation and hosting in a private or a public cloud.
2. SKILLS REQUIRED:
- PowerShell scripting
- GIT/VSCC concepts
- Configuration Management / Build and Release Management
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing, and supporting business applications
- Demonstrate strong concept of industry best practices
- SkillsStrong experience building and troubleshooting issues with .NET applications and VMWare is a plus
- Experience using virtualized machines (VMWare) and cloud
- Solid experience with source code management using TFS. Experiences with GitHub, is a plus.
3. ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Strong Communication skills
- Work Ethic
HealthStream is an equal opportunity employer. HealthStream prohibits employment practices that discriminate against individual employees or groups of employees on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other category deemed protected by state and/or federal law.