Security Consultant - Cyber Defence
With F-Secure in London - GBMore jobs from F-Secure
Posted on November 27, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Cybersecurity, IT Security, Security Software
Company size: 1k–5k people
Company type: Public
security, windows, unix, sysadmin
F-Secure Consultancy team help clients defend against current and future cyber threats. We work across a range of areas including strategy, security assessment, attack detection and secure development.
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver Cyber Defence services to F-Secure's clients. A successful candidate will be required to understand the motivations and methods adopted by a wide range of threat actors and develop a detailed understanding of how exploitation of systems occurs. The candidate must also have technical knowledge of enterprise IT platforms, ideally gained by performing attacks or in responding to them in a hands-on capacity through penetration testing, security monitoring or incident response. Equally, we would welcome applications from candidates with experience in software engineering or network architecture, interested in applying their skills and expertise to security challenges.
F-Secure encourages all our consultants to undertake personal research projects. Our consultants frequently publish advisories, white papers and present at the leading security conferences. The most successful consultants have the ability to challenge previous assumptions and identify innovative methods for solving a problem.
What we need…
- Ability to deliver hands-on consultancy for F-Seure’s clients, including technical activities, report writing and presentation
- Ability to maintain target utilisation on client chargeable projects
- Can produce research to a publishable standard
- Support F-Secure in innovation and growth
- Produce scopes, bid content and pre-sales support to help win work.
Who we think will be a great fit…
- Passionate about information security, defensive security in particular
- Innovative mind-set and the ability to challenge existing approaches to information security
- Excellent at communicating to both technical and senior-management audiences
- Advanced understanding of tools, techniques and procedures that modern attackers use to compromise organisations, ideally from direct experience.
- Technical knowledge in one or more of the following specialisms: computer programming and scripting, networking, software engineering, popular corporate operating systems (Windows, Unix).
- CREST Registered Tester (CRT) or Certified Tester (CCT) (Infrastructure or Web Application)
- CCNA, MSCA, MSCE or other certifications demonstrating core technical skills
- Other security industry specific technical accreditations such as OSCP, OSCE, GIAC, CISSP.
Who we are...
F-Secure Consulting delivers research-led cyber security to defend organizations from real-world attacks and build resilience into their approach. Our consultants are a mix of technical and creative builders and breakers, working on enviably sophisticated projects. They lead their own development, in and out of the office. They call the shots when it comes to building the next generation of security professionals within, and beyond, our organization.