Senior DevOps Engineer
With Apple in Cupertino CA USMore jobs from Apple
Posted on November 26, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Industry: Consumer Electronics
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
amazon-web-services, python, devops
Apple’s Applied Machine Learning team has built systems for a number of large-scale data science applications. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest in open source technology and as contributors of these projects, we are always innovating. Working with multiple lines of business we handle many streams of Apple-scale data. We bring it all together and unleash business value. We do all this with an exceptional group of software engineers, data scientists, dev-ops engineers and managers.
Join Apple's Applied Machine Learning Team, as a Senior Software Engineer, to build & support innovative software applications. Candidates should have a strong background in setting up and supporting the infrastructure for large scale big data applications. Responsibilities include: Build & Support CI/CD tools to port & manage applications on AWS & Kubernetes Ability to understand the application requirements (Performance, Security, Scalability etc.) and assess the right services/topology on AWS Deploy & Support applications onto Kubernetes based environments - On-prim K8s, AWS EKS. Setup and maintain the large scale big data infrastructure (Cassandra, Hadoop etc.) Build tools to monitor & alert the high performance and low latency applications. Ability to solve core network, system & performance issues. Involvement in challenging and fast paced projects supporting Apple's business by delivering innovative solutions. The candidate is expected to be self-motivated, proactive, and solutions focused individual.
Skills & requirements
- 5+ years of experience in SRE/DevOps
- Extensive experience in managing the applications on AWS
- Experience in migrating & supporting the applications on Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming skills like Java.
- Good understanding on the NoSQL technologies
- Strong Experience in administering the big data clusters (like Cassandra, Hadoop etc.)
- Good programming skills in Unix & Python
- Good understanding on the concepts of AWS cloud products, DNS, Software & Hardware load balancers, GSLBs.
- Deep experience in CI-CD pipeline & tools like Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Strong background in deployment management tools like Ansible, Salt, Chef & Puppet.
- Good understanding of release management.
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills
BA/BS in Computer Science or related field with 35 years or equivalent experience.