Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
With Ultimate Software in Atlanta GA USMore jobs from Ultimate Software
Posted on November 26, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Mid-Level, Senior
Role: System Administrator
Industry: Computer Software, Human Resources, Software Development
Company size: 5k–10k people
Company type: Private
python, ruby, c#, linux, unix
Ultimate Software is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a robust and diverse background in Software Engineering, Software Design, and Systems Architecture with a focus on automation, reliability, and system integration. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that Ultimate Software's services -- both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems -- have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
At Ultimate Software our SREs come from both development and operations backgrounds with a common passion for running products at scale in production. Our SREs are always seeking to understand how our systems work end-to-end without boundaries.
Our team is responsible for:
* Performance, Stability, and Reliability considerations
* Capacity planning
* Working closely with the product development teams to build and design features
* Debugging issues in production
* Building out CI/CD pipelines
* Building out logging, monitoring, and alerting infrastructure
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services including: system design, build, deployment, and support
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: system architecture, deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Support services through activities such as monitoring availability, system health, and incident response
- Improve system performance, application delivery and efficiency through automation, process refinement, post-mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
- Engage in communications across all areas of the organization
- Experience with highly resilient systems as well as anti-fragility design patterns
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with service-oriented architectures
- Experience with one or more of the following: Python, Ruby, C#
- Experience with Linux, Unix, and Windows operating systems internals and administration (filesystems, inodes, system calls) and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies)
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with configuration management (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with shell scripting (Bash, powershell, or Batch)
- Experience with development pipelines (Team City, Jenkins, Concourse)
- Ability to lead and work in projects
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Positive team participation skills
- Strong organizational, written and communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g. physics or mathematics), or equivalent experience.
- Ability to multitask and adapt to quickly changing priorities
- Ability and willingness to work evenings/nights on occasion (Participate in on-call rotation)
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design
- Experience with Public Cloud (Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience with administrating ElasticSearch, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, HAProxy, and Kafka in production environments
- Experience with Kubernetes, Bosh, and Docker
- Experience with Object/Block storage
- Experience with hybrid cloud architectures
- Technical writing
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Manager will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.