Director of Engineering Productivity (NY, NY, East Coast USA or Argentina)
With SecurityScorecard in AR, USMore jobs from SecurityScorecard
Posted on November 27, 2019
About this job
Location options: Remote
Job type: Full-time
Experience level: Lead, Manager
Industry: Cybersecurity, SaaS
Company size: 51–200 people
Company type: VC Funded
amazon-web-services, cloud, jenkins, kubernetes, continuous-integration
As the Director of Engineering Productivity you will focus on improving engineering productivity by improving our processes, tools, and technologies. You will grow an existing SRE team and create a Build team. You will lead your teams to deliver highly scalable and resilient cloud deployment and provisioning solutions. You will need to have experience in delivering and maintaining large-scale high-availability systems.
Are you a passionate leader with a history of building and leading teams that are collaborative, innovative, and inspiring? Are you looking for an opportunity to improve the job satisfaction levels of everyone in engineering?
This role will be located in our HQ in NY, NY or remote on the East Coast of the US or in Argentina.
What you will do:
- You will engage with all engineering teams to identify areas of improvement
- You will define SLAs for each service
- You will collaborate with engineering teams to define standards
- You will measure engineering processes, systems and tools, and provide solutions that support continuous improvement
- You will help Product and Engineering Leaders develop and execute on a long-term technology roadmap that will enable teams to work better and innovate
Who you are:
- You have at least 10 years of experience in managing software, dev ops, and test engineers and building large-scale distributed systems.
- You have transformed engineering organizations to adopt SRE as a part of the culture.
- You have a deep understanding of AWS and cloud architecture and services.
- You have expertise within the container and container orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- You have worked with infrastructure provisioning tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, or Puppet, and enabled CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab, or AWS Code Pipeline.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with cross functional partners and independently drive projects and decisions
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a quantitative/technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math