Principal Engineer, Content Delivery Network (CDN) - Video Technology
With T-Mobile USA in Denver CO USMore jobs from T-Mobile USA
Posted on November 27, 2019
About this job
Job type: Full-time
Role: DevOps, System Administrator
Company size: 10k+ people
Company type: Public
http, nginx, apache
First we changed the Wireless industry, and now we're changing Home Television! T-Vision, aka Layer3 TV is hiring!
We are looking to add a Principal Engineer, Content Delivery Network (CDN) to our team responsible for the design, development and implementation of the video services platform. This position will set the direction for a team of software development and systems engineer in the design, development and implementation of the video distribution and delivery, including management of an array of video content deployed on a wide range of consumer devices.
- Architecture, development, engineering, integration and testing of complex IP video delivery system utilizing Content Delivery Network (CDN) and Web Server technologies.
- Research and development with content and media delivery technology, such as WebRTC, HTTP Multicast, etc.
- Development and testing of complex CDN routing and client cache selection rules and technologies.
- System development, configuration and deployment of HTTP and Proxy Servers such as Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
- Architecture and development of big data storage and analytics using tools such as Splunk, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, etc
- Develop and promote industry leading standards for media and content.
- Assist with writing formal requirements and specifications documents; drive vendors to develop, integrate and test hardware/software; building and documenting solutions.
- Maintains communication of project statuses and drives for continued improvement in quality and availability of each the systems and product.
- Work jointly with the Product and Technology development teams to innovate, integrate and identify/resolve issues.
- Design product instrumentation and test automation.
- Extensive experience with development and integration of HTTP Server and Proxy technologies such as Apache Traffic Server, Nginx, Varnish, Squid, etc.
- Experience with agile software development practices.
- Experience working with XML and web services interfaces including SOAP, JSON and REST.
- Deep knowledge of network technologies such as DNS, Anycast, etc.
- Experience with development and support of large scale production systems working within a 24x7 operations environment.
- Experience with rapid development and deployment environments that practice continuous integration and development, Agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge and application of coding and scripting required (Go, Java, Python, PERL, Bash, etc).
- Ability to work independently but also within a team environment including being technical lead.
- Creative problem-solving skills while working in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to handle several tasks, be organized, make decisions, and work efficiently and effectively under deadlines. *Network Technology - Video Technology
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of industry related engineering experience.
As America's Un-carrier, T-Mobile USA, Inc. (NASDAQ: "TMUS") is redefining the way consumers and businesses buy wireless services through leading product and service innovation. The company's advanced nationwide 4G and 4G LTE network delivers outstanding wireless experiences for customers who are unwilling to compromise on quality and value. Based in Bellevue, Washington, T-Mobile USA. Inc. provides services through its subsidiaries and operates its flagship brands, T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile. For more information, please visit http://www.t-mobile.com
We Take Equal Opportunity Seriously - By Choice. T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with our Company values and will not be tolerated. Furthermore, such discrimination or harassment may violate federal, state, or local law.